Opinions/information on Enkei wheels

prizrak

Forum Addict
Car(s)
11 Xterra Pro-4x, 12 'stang GT
Did some searching around but couldn't find any info. I am looking at putting 18x8 wheels with 235/40 tires on the car. I ordered Konig rims from discount tire but they aren't going to have them till May. I'm not all that patient so I looked around on Tire Rack and found a set of Enkei EKM3 wheels.

Basically I want to find out if these wheels are strong enough to stand up to daily abuse from Brooklyn roads (they are quite terrible).

Also if anyone could give me other wheel options in the same price range and similar style it would be appreciated.

Used/knock-off RS4 rims, maybe?

RS4 rims would be too big they are 19s (at least the ones that look good) and I don't want to get knock offs because alloy strength is an issue. I know that the both of the brands I'm looking at are not necessarily the strongest/lightest out there but at the very least these are good brands with proven reputation not something like Rota (which also has a proven [bad] reputation).

Heh, I know exactly where you're coming from. I've been thinking about buying those EKM3 wheels from tirerack for months now.

I ended up just getting tires for my stock rims, but those are my current top choice if I ever decide to plunk down the money for the set.

I can't comment on their performance/durability, but I can agree that those are some great looking wheels :)

Hehe. It's looking like I'm going to stick waiting for the Konig wheels mainly because I like that the spokes are moved in from the lip, with my [lack] of parking skills that will minimize wheel damage :p

Enkei wheels are good wheels. As long as you don't get some of the super light wheels you shouldn't have to worry about bending them. I'm actually looking for wheels right now, just curious, which Konigs are you looking at?