Forza Motorsport 3

I just can't bring myself to play Forza anymore. I haven't put it in for about 4 weeks. T10 has really rubbed me the wrong way. Every time I get the inclination, I'm just put off by how much half-finished aspects they make us pay full price for. Who loses here? Well me obviously :lol:

I'll keep watching the 'feed' so to speak and wait for things to improve. You guys have fun.

I just can't bring myself to play Forza anymore. I haven't put it in for about 4 weeks. T10 has really rubbed me the wrong way. Every time I get the inclination, I'm just put off by how much half-finished aspects they make us pay full price for. Who loses here? Well me obviously :lol:

I'll keep watching the 'feed' so to speak and wait for things to improve. You guys have fun.

Same here...

Since I got Dirt 2 I just stopped playing that in favor of completing GTA 4 to 100% and completing Dirt 2...

BTW , the other day I played Forza 2 in a store and if we concentrate in driving alone , it is still a bit better than F3 ( That big rev counter and spedo... I miss them... )

OK, here's the story with the clubsport pedals.

First impressions are good, nice and weighty, well made, etc.

I try to adjust the brake face plate, and the head of one of the hex screws pops off. I think it was a defect.

I get it set up after I position the pedals how I like, and the brake is way too soft and squidgy. It's about the same in it's default position as the Microsoft pedals. Very, very soft.

So I pull the pedals apart like they show in one of the youtube videos, I move the brake "plunger" two spots upwards to reduce the travel. Much effort is involved getting it back together.

Once reassembled, it's way way way way too stiff. Pushing hard enough to get max pressure tips the pedals and pushed my wheeled office chair back.

Take it apart again, use the 2nd position now. Reassemble.

Now it feels about like what a properly bled brake system should feel like on a race car. Getting max pressure feels about like lifting a 60-80 pound weight with your foot.

Only problem now is, it's still tipping the pedals over when I hit all three pedals for downshifting.

So, position one is way too soft, position 2 would be perfect for a race car, but it's too much for gaming without a full cockpit. And yes, I did play with the little sensitivity dial - I had it on the most sensitive setting.

The solution will probably come in the form of adding spacers in front of the load cell (the brake plunger pushes on foam, which pushes on a metal rod, which is in contact with the sensor) and/or finding a new spring.

The gas and clutch are great. Clutch has a lot more travel than the standard pedals, and both have a very nicely adjustable spring that can actually give you a good range of stiffness. Magnetic sensors are dead accurate.

Last edited:
Does the clutch still act as a "button" as you described earlier, or did I remember that incorrectly as a a pedal fault, not a game issue?

That was a fault with the old pedals. New one is very analog! Very nice, feels real. No springyness though, but I don't miss it. You didn't notice the springyness during a shift anyway.

Tried to find spacers, but didn't have any solid ones. Since the spacers have to butt up against a foam bit, I don't want to just use hollow washers because that will deform the foam. Had a thought to use dimes, but they're too big. I need 7/16ths diameter spacers. I figure I'll need about a quarter inch of metal.

Last edited:
Search for spacers is going badly. Tried a number of fastener outlets, nada. Though I did find replacement machine screws to replace the one with the broken head, and any others that might pop up. Only thing I can think of is going to a machine shop and rummaging around in the scraps bin for some punch discards.

Found a 2-foot long bar in a computer desk that we're throwing out, I'll try cutting that tomorrow and see if it works. It's a little on the slim side by 1/16th or so, but should be okay.

Success! Found a fabricator that was cool enough to punch out some steel shims for me. The rod turned out to be too thin.

Now I've got the pedals just the way I like them, and they are pure sex.

Awesome, good to hear.

Do you have any plans for the wheel? I think I'm the only person annoyed by not having a real 1:1 steering wheel, because the Turbo S wheel seems way to small.

Don't have any plans to do anything to the wheel rim itself, but there's a company doing motor and cooling upgrades to GT3RS wheels so if they start doing that for the Turbo S I might get that. I'm okay with the size of it, it's about Formula car sized, which is fine. The MS wheel was way too small.

I'm starting to think Fanatec is playing some kind of joke on me.

I was just doing an endurance race and ten laps in my wheel gives a little jolt and the force feedback gets messed up. The feedback is all notchy when I move the wheel, like it's turning against a ratchet. I figured maybe it just overheated, so I turned it off and let it cool back down. Still having the problem, and on both PC and 360.

If this turns out to be a permanent problem, this might just be the most unreliable gaming controller ever made. At this point I'm beyond anger.

I guess you have plans for the wheel now amirite? :p

Sorry to jinx your controller. This is really off-putting though that their stuff is this unreliable. Have you heard other reports about these kind of malfunctions?

I've heard other reports similar to what I got with my pedals, but nothing like what I've got in the wheel.

After playing with it some more, if I were to guess, I'd say it was a problem with one of the belts. I think one might've slipped off (there are like 3 separate belts I think). The thing still works, I can still drive, it's just really notchy.

This thread, is getting less and less about FM3.

haha sounds like a good idea!