The "New Toys" Thread

nah, they just forgot to do soemthing wrong :p

It is done correctly on my current Acer netbook and my old Gateway laptop but I had that problem with an ancient Dell...

^Thats because Acer makes the best netbooks but crap notebooks ;D

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2010/04/20/wd_nb_ide.jpg

160GB IDE for the olde laptop (RMA, so it was free)

dell-ultrasharp-u2410_1.jpg

Dell U2410, 24 inch monitor. I previously had a Dell 2408WFP, which was great, but it developed a problem recently and as it was under warranty I asked for a replacement. I expected the 2408 with newer firmware (I'd managed to buy mine just before they started selling ones with the upgraded firmware), which I was happy about. On Monday, a man comes to my house giving me a monitor I don't recognise. A quick bit of research reveals that Dell don't make my old monitor any more, this is their replacement that's just come out, and it's the same but better. A toast to warranties!

What I really like is the little dark squares on the bottom right of the frame - they're touch-sensitive buttons, and the main one lights up when you put your hand near it. I've been playing with that more than my PS3 since I realised!

Nice upgrade! I have touch sensitive buttons on my Acer monitor but they don't do the light up thing, and they're kind of a pain to get working....

Currently in stock at Newegg, so I thought I'd pick one up before they went out of stock again. :)

It's for my new computer build and I'll be buying the rest of the parts next month after I get back from San Francisco.

Last edited:
I was quite surprised to receive this in the post yesterday, from Suedschleife.

Autographed (3 signatures) limited edition model of Team Schricks Aston V8 Vantage 'ring racer. :happy:

It also came with a bunch of german chocolate :D which I'm sure will have been 'tasted' by my brother already.

I was quite surprised to receive this in the post yesterday, from Suedschleife.

Autographed (3 signatures) limited edition model of Team Schricks Aston V8 Vantage 'ring racerpitbox ornament. :happy:

Fixed :p

https://pic.armedcats.net/h/ha/hajj/2010/04/21/IMAG0002_000.jpg
New phone

Last edited:
Yeah something like that. I shot the picture with the Desire. If I manage to find my camera and the cable/sd card reader I might actually post a real picture.

All the boxes so far that I've seen were crap, the Nexus One's are awesome and this one looks the same.

That looks nice. I'm due for an upgrade in August, and am trying to decide if I want to break the spell the iPhone has over me.

My contract's over in september and I'm getting it as well. 249 euro if I keep my current contract.

Just called the shop and it's march... *grumble* Looks like I'll have to fork over the 530 for a non-contract one. :(

Last edited: