Asshole bouncer - and my reply.

It's the first I've heard of this wacky Zion curtain thing. Can't say I'd be mad keen on not seeing my drinks mixed in front of me either...I did notice when I was in the States they are SO STRICT about carding people...usually when we go out I'm the only one who gets carded because I look underage despite being the ripe old age of 23...can't believe they'd bother with someone who is obviously over 18/21...Good to see you got a reply from Brewzies though. I've had to deal with an overzealous bouncer before and it's not fun.

Do you really end your emails with a Latin phrase?

Yes, because I'm mocking the people who email me with motivational phrases at the bottom of their emails. There were several students with whom I have to correspond who have trite little sayings such as "Carpe Diem" and such as their email footer.

Mine, roughly translated, says "Anything said in Latin is profound." So far I don't think anyone has bothered to translate it.

In addition to what Kiki said, actually scanning the barcode will cut down significantly on fraudulent use. If you "lose" your license it would be immediately deactivated in the system so you couldn't give it to someone else under age.

We have no such law here but Target has recently instigated a scan policy. It works about 20% of the time. The other 80% the cashier just overrides and enters the birthday manually. I look forward to an expansion in that system! :rolleyes:

Nope. All information is stored locally at the bar, not linked to a central database that verifies the validity of the ID. See, that would make sense.

Last edited:
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.

Translated means something along the lines of "Anything said in Latin seems deep/profound"