• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Last edited:
Ok here goes...

Another new series, and no spoilers again yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Loved the Bentley vid....... "Dogs don't have wheels... well unless they've been in an accident." :lol:
ITV pisstake. :lol:

James has the biggest balls ever.

Noooooooooo Lacetti... I still miss the Liana.
A red reasonably priced car? Not a complaint just an observation.

As much as I hate Louie, poor Dicky.

Thankyou and seriously welcome back proper Top Gear... you have been missed.

EDIT: Reliant segment.... please no series 14 style crap. It almost ruins the episode.

Last edited:
Oh dear. Picked up well after what seemed like a too crowded start (before seeing that they pushed the news back), then fell flat mightily with the Reliant. Someone needs to keep Clarkson on a leash sometimes, too much falling over and rolling over is no longer funny.

James and the volcano definitely a very strong point to the episode, but... :|

Last edited:
I think I liked that.

Bentley - looked gorgeous, not sure the Aston comparison was entirely fair.
Volcano - brilliant stuff. Beautiful, brave and silly. I actually wanted more of this (and to watch it again in HD).
News - Enjoyable.
Lacetti - Good riddance. Nice big explosion.
New car - oh my, a Kia!
Guest extravaganza - worked mostly well. Page 3 girl was unknown and unneeded. Shame it rained.
Reliant - about right. Not quite as up-there as the Peel P50 film. Odd fixation on very minor celebrities...not sure it worked.

Good promising stuff overall. Highlight - volcano, easily. Lowlight - Reliant, probably. Dragged a little bit.

Oh dear. Picked up well after what seemed like a too crowded start (before seeing that they pushed the news back), then fell flat mightily with the Reliant. Someone needs to keep Clarkson on a leash sometimes, too much falling over and rolling over is no longer funny.

James and the volcano definitely a very strong point to the episode, but... :|

i don't know about the rolling over bit i was laughing pretty hard

Vuvuzula idea was actually kinda funny, altho it won't be if they do it next week. Rest was boring.

Iceland bit was CLASSIC. Lovely country, that. I must go again.

I love Bill Bailey, but the others...? You think they'd be able to draw "better" drivers, no? Stephen Fry, and the like...would love to see Hugh Laurie give it a go!

James' trip to the volcano was great. The rest, not so great if you ask me.
Second half of SIARPC was dull, and the Reliant bit got boring after a few minutes but it went on for 15 minutes.

Clarkson has a thing for ruining the rear tires on Bentleys though :p

Now I'm wondering if during the chase scene in OFAH's Dates episode, did the Reliant Regal capsize at any point? Might have been carrying two people but it was going quite fast at a few points.

On topic, I thought it was a slightly above average start. I felt the SIARPC segment wasn't as good as when they introduced the Chevvy. I'm questioning why they killed off the Lacetti and not the Liana. Formula 1 drivers I guess. All the same, it was an excellent demolition. As much of a set-up the Reliant segment was. I did chuckle each time the Robin capsized.

That episode was extremely good. I loved all of it this week. The car review at the beggining was ok, but the rest of it excellent! The feature at the end made me LOL! lol

Standouts for me were the volcano (absolutely jaw droppingly brilliant) and the new lap time board, anything with bill bailey in is always a winner.

The reliant was a bit over the top but you know what I can live with it, this was much much better.

In the Lacetti funeral bit, Hammond refers to "Gambon's tyres"...but the naming of Gambon Corner came from his lap in the Liana, NOT the Lacetti. </nitpick>

Last edited:
Meanwhile, in Iceland...

I thought that was a fantastic smoking start to the new series. Volcano film was excellent but I expected it to be a bigger feature than it turned out to be. New car is obviously crap but funny to watch and I like the progression of the TG tea party into a rubbish barbecue. It was also inevitable that the gazebo would go up in flames at some point or other. Reliants falling over is always fun to watch, especially when unexpected celebs are dropped in for no apparent reason.

They're back alright...

thought it was a good solid start to the series. spread out the episode over more segments which i prefer like it was back in 04-06 sort of period, think it works better because if a segment falls flat then there is chance more can fix it. like ages ago with the convertibles in iceland, its putting all eggs in one basket. anyways on to the episode

Bentley: great review, great cinematography. at last a Conti GT i'd actually have, but rather have the DBS though.

Volcano: brilliant segment, just the right length, like teeb im looking forward to seeing it in HD, and James has some balls to do that, i know he's on the forum but it be great if he could do a post to write about his experience with doing that segment. love to know what was going through his mind when he did it.

News: great, i'd say perfect mix between actual car news and funny stuff. Wonder if that 'Ring graffiti has made it past the PD team and into GT5 :p

Lacetti: good send off, couldnt help but thing they could make a fortune of they put it on Final Gear, even though they cant sell it, maybe if took the engine out.

Guests: great segment, wasnt quite as good as the garden party they had for the Lacetti, and interesting to see Peter's time and how it compared to the Lacetti too. I can see why Jezza was spending all the time with Amy Williams :p

Reliant: although it was the falling down stuff thats plagued Top Gear over the past few years i actually really enjoyed it, very LOL, although its stupid theres something hilarious about a fat man in a plastic 3 wheeled car sliding into shot.

overall i'd give the episode 8/10

shame there was no preview for the rest of the season.