Spied: Buick Regal wagon...with a turbo!

Can't blame them, they too want to sell a good car once.

You're right. :/

Just a few of GM's usual pieces of shit...

Chevelle%20SS%201970%20Black_566_1.jpg

bgn.jpg

chevrolet-camaro-rs_1254023371.jpg

FrontQuarter01.jpg

chevrolet-corvette-zr1-35.jpg

104gisl.jpg

Last edited:
Yes and weirdly it is getting to be an interesting brand.

Indeed, fresh product that they don't let get stagnant, finally a solid marketing/advertising direction (attainable/non flashy luxury, kinda how doctors and stuff chose Buick a long time ago to seem more personable and "common-man") and good styling all help.

H astra: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_Astra#Saturn_Astra

The Cruze and upcoming Buick Verano (which is based on the J Astra) is it's de facto successor here, but it's just not the same..IMO the Astra had a better interior and a better overall look on the outside.

Finally, Saturn had a car that even enthusiasts could consider good,(Astra replaced the Ion-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_Ion which had Astra underpinnings) but they were hobbled by exchange rate issues pricing the car a bit high for Saturn regulars.

Both my brother and my parents have an Astra H estate. It's a car, but it's not great. Very rattly, uncomfortable, dodgy gearbox, ...

Both my brother and my parents have an Astra H estate. It's a car, but it's not great. Very rattly, uncomfortable, dodgy gearbox, ...

I suppose that's pretty subjective, or maybe depending on the spec of the car.
My parents had an Astra H for years and it was very comfortable, the sport seats that came with the "Cosmo" spec were great to sit in. My dad who has a bad back and neck normally hates driving long distances because of that, even with our W203 and Golf. But in the Astra he could drive 1000km without any pain. I'll give you that the gearbox wasn't great though, it really wasn't :p But I heard the 6 speeds were a bit better.

I suppose that's pretty subjective, or maybe depending on the spec of the car.
My parents had an Astra H for years and it was very comfortable, the sport seats that came with the "Cosmo" spec were great to sit in. My dad who has a bad back and neck normally hates driving long distances because of that, even with our W203 and Golf. But in the Astra he could drive 1000km without any pain. I'll give you that the gearbox wasn't great though, it really wasn't :p But I heard the 6 speeds were a bit better.

Obviously, very subjective. Here's how I arrived at that view.
Family-wise we always had VW Multivans. Great for vacations, great for families with kids. In the noughties the reasons to have a Multivan faded away, the need for a second car grew, and the current Multivan started to show signs of lurking death.
Hence we bought my new Fox as an additional car. Coming from the Multivan, it was a sea of comfort, speed, and quietness.
Inevitably, the Multivan died and was traded for a new Astra H, the Fox was kept. Coming from the Fox, it was a sea of comfort, speed, and quietness.
Last winter I traded the Fox for the Octavia, but occasionally still get to drive the Astra (if I can't help it). Coming from the Astra, it was a sea of comfort, speed, and quietness. Going back to the Astra straight out of the Octavia feels like being dropped back in a 20 year old naturally aspirated diesel lorry, ie our dead Multivan. Subjectively, it's a shitbox. Hell, in the winter I struggle to engage first gear during the first few kilometres. The gearbox is so crappy you need proper force to get it in while cold.

My brother's car is different spec and different engine, but feels the same to drive.

Obviously, very subjective. Here's how I arrived at that view.
Family-wise we always had VW Multivans. Great for vacations, great for families with kids. In the noughties the reasons to have a Multivan faded away, the need for a second car grew, and the current Multivan started to show signs of lurking death.
Hence we bought my new Fox as an additional car. Coming from the Multivan, it was a sea of comfort, speed, and quietness.
Inevitably, the Multivan died and was traded for a new Astra H, the Fox was kept. Coming from the Fox, it was a sea of comfort, speed, and quietness.
Last winter I traded the Fox for the Octavia, but occasionally still get to drive the Astra (if I can't help it). Coming from the Astra, it was a sea of comfort, speed, and quietness. Going back to the Astra straight out of the Octavia feels like being dropped back in a 20 year old naturally aspirated diesel lorry, ie our dead Multivan. Subjectively, it's a shitbox. Hell, in the winter I struggle to engage first gear during the first few kilometres. The gearbox is so crappy you need proper force to get it in while cold.

My brother's car is different spec and different engine, but feels the same to drive.

Gotcha, coming from this though:

Saturn-SL2.jpeg

or this:

Saturn-ion-1.jpg

The Astra was a breath of fresh air. :p

I really don't mind my mother's Astra H. I can't comment on those gearbox issues since it's an auto, but for a 4 speeder it is a decent 'box. Ours is a 1.8 petrol, and while not being the most powerful or refined engine, it gets the job done. It certainly lets more noise in than a Golf, say. My cousins Mk5 1.9TDI is quieter for both road and engine noise despite being a diesel. But in my opinion it drives nicely, is comfortable and I really don't mind driving it. Of course it's not a Golf, but then it's not Golf money either. Plus, the interior is good in both quality and appearance, it looks good, and most importantly its better than the Corolla and most of the other usual Jap-brigade.

There is a V6. It sounds like this:

Rick: :lol:

We were promised that motor. Instead we got another limpdicked turbo 4 with about the same power and torque, but much more peaky so it isn't as usuable. Plus it makes an awful sound, like most low-revving 4 cylinders.

You must be talking about five-speed gearboxes. My six-speed never has problems in proper cold.

Last edited: