Awesome Thread... [Automotive Edition]

1969-Mercedes-Benz-C111-Coupe-Iamge-04.jpg

1007phr_01_o%2B1970_dodge_challenger%2B.jpg

Last edited:
Just thought it's pretty ridiculous that a 1-series is bigger than a 3-series from 20 years ago...

The current Polo is bigger and heavier than the first gen Golf.

More kit, greater safety demands, customers wanting more space etc etc etc. It still staggers me how small my car looks when parked next to the average modern supermini.

My new wallpaper (View image for highres):

60734-c-mclar.jpg

Ah, D-Fence, lovely examples from the golden age when BMW still knew how to style cars. So much want right there.

Damn right. It even looks good with aftermarket rims....

Tell me a car which doesn't look right with that kind of BBSs? :)

I'd take mine with a little smaller wheels and higher ground clearance, but it's still awesome how that can look with such a non-correct stance for a classic car.

Not a fan of the GT-R really, but I do have a ton of respect for what it can do. A couple turbos, AWD, and a dual clutch box can really work wonders.

[video=youtube;sgJp-hLOrNo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgJp-hLOrNo[/video]

I don't see drag racing of tuned road cars as all that awesome to be perfectly honest.

I agree, but I see the awesome in managing 1300whp in a street car.

I don't see drag racing of tuned road cars as all that awesome to be perfectly honest.

I wouldn't expect most people here to think anything of it, differences in opinions are what make the world interesting though. A few will appreciate it though.

I agree, but I see the awesome in managing 1300whp in a street car.

Exactly.