Last movie you saw?

I watched Cowboys & Aliens and Captain America, back-to-back last night. I enjoyed them both but I would put Cowboys above Captain. Olivia Wilde's character is not who/what I was expecting, so there was an interesting twist. Craig and Ford both do a great job.

Just finished watching Arthur, rather enjoyed it.

It was. The ending just threw me off a bit. I wasn't entirely sure what the truth was until the very last scene with Leo on the steps. I was hoping for a huge conspiracy, but the way it did end was far more interesting, I must admit.

I had a similar feeling. I wanted him to surrender, only to turn out that he was right and that they were in fact doing experiments with humans. Kind of like - Haha we tricked you. With that said, the original ending also works great.

144168.jpg

9.5/10

I actually seriously considered watching this again right after it ended just to memorize all the good lines. I will definitely watch it at least one more time before sending it back to Netflix.

Oh, and it has Paul Newman in it. if you haven't already, see it!

HORRIBLE BOSSES

http:/www.imdb.com/title/tt1499658/

Best comedy of 2011 for me this one! Kevin Spacey as spycho boss is awesome!

Oh and Jennifer Aniston in this movie is just :drool:

Rating= 9/10

http://img220.imageshack.**/img220/8949/samuz.png

13 Assassins: Quite good. 8.8/10

Hot Tub Time Machine

I was in the mood for something stupid and funny. And it was pretty good actually. The whole premise is ridiculous of course, but they obviously had some fun making it. And when Craig Robinson, the black guy from The Office, is standing by the hot tub back in 1986 and says, "It must be some kind of... hot tub time machine." and then just dead pan stares directly into the camera for a few seconds, I had to laugh. I'd recommend it if you just want to watch something completely not serious with lots of cursing and some boobs.

Then earlier today after reading a bunch of stuff about NASA and everything, I decided to watch Apollo 13 again. You could find other movies that are different as this and the one above, but only just. I think my Netflix recommendation list is going to explode. But anyway, Apollo 13 is a classic and if you haven't seen it yet, then you suck.

:p

283390_10150277644564378_503524377_7508053_1248146_n.jpg

+rep to whoever can identify it; Jay? is disqualified. :p

Hot Tub Time Machine

I was in the mood for something stupid and funny. And it was pretty good actually. The whole premise is ridiculous of course, but they obviously had some fun making it. And when Craig Robinson, the black guy from The Office, is standing by the hot tub back in 1986 and says, "It must be some kind of... hot tub time machine." and then just dead pan stares directly into the camera for a few seconds, I had to laugh. I'd recommend it if you just want to watch something completely not serious with lots of cursing and some boobs.

Then earlier today after reading a bunch of stuff about NASA and everything, I decided to watch Apollo 13 again. You could find other movies that are different as this and the one above, but only just. I think my Netflix recommendation list is going to explode. But anyway, Apollo 13 is a classic and if you haven't seen it yet, then you suck.

I agree. Out of all the "stupid" comedies that came out over the past few years, HTTM is one of the best.

Could be my all-time favorite movie, even though Kevin Bacon ruined everything on that mission.

I cry at the end every time because I'm a little girl. I was even watching it driving home on a road trip once upon a time, and had to pull over during the end. It's pathetic.

Hot Tub Time Machine

Hot tub time machine is funny because it doesn't take itself seriously, almost like they tried to make the most facepalmy movie ever.

http://img88.imageshack.**/img88/9951/942256.jpg

It was actually surprisingly easy not to see J.D. Great film for a rainy day. Part of me wasn't really satisfied with the ending but maybe that's just me.

http://www12.speedyshare.com/search.php?im=http://img716.imageshack.**/img716/5595/sol1464441.jpg

Frustrating; it needed to double its run time. At 3 hours they could have made a really intriguing film. As it is at 90 minutes, the protagonist went from being on Earth dealing with every day issues to being on a distant space station dealing with disaster in the first 10 minutes. Nothing ever took time to settle. 4/10

Other films watched in the last 2 days;
Eastern Promises - Good but unspectacular. At least it's 5x better than Cronengerg's last film, A History of Violence, which I couldn't stand more than 30 minutes of. 8/10
American Gangster - The Wire has spoilt drug/gangster films for me. None are realistic enough to really hold my attention any more. I might have found this to be fascinating if I saw it before The Wire, but now, it's just like a kids' version of it. 7/10
Grindhouse Planet Terror - Crap. I know it's meant to be schlockey, but I just mean it was crap. 3.5/10
Grindhouse Death Proof - Had to turn it off after the first 15 minutes of excruciating dialogue and Tarantino foot fetishization. 2/10
A Good Year - Fine but predictable, zero surprises. Ridley Scott clearly isn't useless with comedy, but not a master either. 6/10

Last edited: