English native speakers, pronounce "sour cream"

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
Car(s)
79 Opel Kadett|72 Ford Country Sedan|03 Volvo XC70
Dear all,
during breakfast I had a discussion with a female friend of mine about the correct pronouciation of "sour cream". So, I'd like ask the British, American, Australian and other native-english-speaking members of FinalGear to record them saying "sour cream" and posting it here.

I will set up the camera later and I will record myself saying it.
:)

Only a German could create a thread like this.

No offense :p
I figured while asking one native speaker about the correct pronouciation would be a good way to settle this dispute, but asking lots of native speakers is even better ;)

Here in the states, if it were spelled how it sounded it would look like *sower creem*.

More importantly, Dr_Grip, how are you? pronouncing it?

More importantly, Dr_Grip, how are you? pronouncing it?

Zower kr(plegm)eeem, probably.

Phonetically the Aussies would be more like seer crame.

I may apply my skills in mimicry and take you around the globe later. ;)

This link has a good pronunciation in both American and British accents: http://www.forvo.com/word/sour_cream/

Although this doesn't seem like something that would be debated. What possible other pronunciations could there be?

I'd pronounce it just like Sauerkraut, just Sauer Cream :p Mhh... now that I say it, why does it always sound funny when native English speakers say Sauerkraut when there is sour also in their own vocabulary and pronounced exactly the same at least as far as I know. Now I'm interested :p

What possible other pronunciations could there be?

See my earlier post. I've written down at least a dozen accents so far and haven't left the UK yet!!! :D

See my earlier post. I've written down at least a dozen accents so far and haven't left the UK yet!!! :D

.. and don't forget New Zealand.

The Kiwis replace all vowels with just the letter i.

(NZ FG Members : "Ni wi din't"
Me: "Case proven, mi'Lud")

:tease:

Last edited: