Touchpad fire sale

$40 over the $99 price seems fairly cheap.

Amazon UK have hundreds of people trying to resell theirs for ?240 or more - ?160 over the price they paid. And it's selling, due to panic buying :/

still isnt fair that no one can get them for the base 99 price because they want to gouge you

The cheapest i've seen the case is ?20, touchstone is ?30, keyboard ?30. But the case (ARAIOTI) has some warping issues and the case and the Touchstone aren't the best of friends, doesn't fit on the Touchstone properly.

I like the look of the case, it's the only bezel-less case i've seen. However I love the Touchstone more, heres hoping they drop the Touchstone price a little bit :D

*Allegedly, read about it on the internet.

Pre 3 hasn't had a firesale?

Amazon just deleted Luca's and my order without even notifying us. Fuck off.

Amazon just deleted Luca's and my order without even notifying us. Fuck off.

Me:Hello, I ordered three HP Touchpads from you. Now the order just disappeared. Why?
Amazon Indian:Hello ANNOYED GERMAN, my name is Amazon Indian, I'll be happy to help you.
Me:My order just disappeared. Why?
Amazon Indian:I am sorry to learn that you are unable to locate your order #026-0034726-3284300.
I have checked your account and see that this order has been cancelled.
Cancelled orders no longer appear in your order history.
Me:Ok, why was it cancelled, why didn't I get any information about this? I am really angry right now.
Amazon Indian:I have checked your account and found that you may have already received an e-mail from us regarding this item.
When we contacted the supplier for an update they informed us that they won?t be able to source this item.
We had planned on receiving this item from our supplier. I apologise sincerely for any inconvenience caused.
As we can?t supply this item, it has been cancelled from your order and you have not been charged for it. Cancelled orders no longer appear in your order history.
Me:Ok, but why did you even offer it without knowing if the supplier can deliver?
Amazon Indian:I can completely understand your frustration and annoyance with this situation, particularly given the time you have invested and the promises which were made and not kept.
Me:Especially, since I will now not be able to source this device any more, I relied on Amazon to deliver what you promised.
I specifically ordered FROM Amazon because I had good experiences with you in the past (mostly Amazon Germany).
Amazon Indian:please understand that we are just retailer of an item and rely solely on the information provided by supplier. When we contacted the supplier directly to obtain a copy of this item, and they have advised that they cant send these items.
Me:I understand, but I do not understand why you offered it in the first place without having verified you can deliver.
And I did not receive an E-Mail from you, I double checked.
Amazon Indian:We have just sent an e-mail for all the customers for whom this order has been canceled.
I see that we have sent to you also on August 24, 2011 at 2.26 PM.
Me:Interesting, I did not receive it, I did receive the order confirmation some days ago.
Amazon Indian:If you wish I will send the e-mail which we recently sent again to you to the address " HATE@YOU".
Me:please do so, I did not receive the first one
Amazon Indian:Sure, I will send after the conversation ends.
Me:As well, is there a possibility to file a complaint about this situation? I am really, really angry about the fact, that Amazon offered an item they were not sure of ever receiving. And it is not me, three of my friend's orders were also cancelled.
Amazon Indian: I will be sure to pass your message on to the appropriate department in our company for investigation.
Customer feedback such as yours helps us to continue improving the selection and service we provide.
Me:Thank you very much. I hope it lands on the desk of the right person.
Thank you for your help Amazon Indian.
Amazon Indian: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Send
Amazon Indian from Amazon.co.uk is Online Secure Connection.

So...yeah...if someone from the US of A has a spare (or 3) Pads....

I'm annoyed too but they did send me an e-mail.....

Amazon.co.uk order-update@amazon.co.uk an mich

Details anzeigen 15:26 (vor 16 Minuten)

Hello,

We wanted to give you an update on the status of your order 026-9029312-2298713.

We are writing to let you know that we have cancelled the following item from your order:

------------------------------------------------------

Asin: B0054689MQ

Title: HP TouchPad 9.7 inch Tablet PC (16GB, Glossy Black) - UK Version

------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, we are no longer able to offer this item for sale. Our supplier has informed us that this item has been discontinued and is no longer available.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

We hope to see you again soon at Amazon.co.uk.

Warmest regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk

If anyone in the UK or somewhere else would be able to pick up a spare Palm Pre 3 for ~?99 I'd happily take it of your hands!

I'm pretty much sure mine is going to get cancelled too, but come on - it has been 3 days! IF they are going to cancel it, do it soon. I'm sick of being in limbo.

Looks like it changed to "Check back soon" on HP USA store - they only accept USA CC's, anyone willing to order extra pads if they restock and ship it over? :)

Looks like it changed to "Check back soon" on HP USA store - they only accept USA CC's, anyone willing to order extra pads if they restock and ship it over? :)

GAHAHH if i could just skip thursday and make it friday today or tomorrow I'd be sooooo happy

Why, what's happening on Friday?

Edit: Son of a bitch!!! Just called my local best buy, they got a shipment this morning and it sold out 10 minutes ago. They said I could maybe try again on Saturday...

Last edited:
These hoarders are pissing me off, I've been hearing many stories of Costco, Bestbuy and Futureshop employees buying entire stocks and then taking the next day off to sell the stock off either in front of the store or on ebay/CL.

Why, what's happening on Friday?

Edit: Son of a bitch!!! Just called my local best buy, they got a shipment this morning and it sold out 10 minutes ago. They said I could maybe try again on Saturday...

I get paid and plan to stop off at 4 to 5 different office stores/ electronic stores

These hoarders are pissing me off, I've been hearing many stories of Costco, Bestbuy and Futureshop employees buying entire stocks and then taking the next day off to sell the stock off either in front of the store or on ebay/CL.

I hope they get fired. As well, looks like some people on eBay might get trouble in Germany for selling way too many identical items without paying taxes for them or being a shopowner. :D

Everywhere i read there's a lot in Best Buys, but no online purchase :/ two friends that lived near one couldnt find it in stock either, i guess the only other option is wait for people to stop buying it at 250$ so the ebay price drops to something reasonable :/

Went to 3 Best Buys on my lunch hour...nada.

Yup, mine just got cancelled.

The Best Buy rep that I talked to told me they usually get their stock o Tuesdays and Saturdays, but for some odd reason they got stock this morning too and was sold out in 1 hour.

So my plan is to stop by every morning when they open.

I'll call my friend who works at Best Buy and see if he can give me any insight for you guys. I'd be willing to put money on Saturday morning as a good time to go, as I recall their truck nights are friday nights.

Also, I will NOT be getting extra TPs, I had to cancel my order with HP SMB as they charged me full price and I didn't want to hastle with selling/shipping/transporting them.