I'm crying :(

the worst thing about that car is that the person who will buy that will be soo full of themselves that they will buy that car and lock it in a garage to keep the mileage low and the price high.

Somebody email Jay Kay

Blythy said:
the worst thing about that car is that the person who will buy that will be soo full of themselves that they will buy that car and lock it in a garage to keep the mileage low and the price high.

Somebody email Jay Kay

i'd do that. this car needs to be preserved. though if i had the money i'd buy that one and another one that would be my driving one

Cars like that need to be driven, that's why they were built, that's Enzo's legacy... Racing, cars on the move, as fast as they can be... Stuck in a garage... Screw that! Yes, it is rare and all, but it should also be part of the roads, part of the world, for the children to admire and aspire (and the inner child in all of us...)! :roll:

KryptonZone said:
Cars like that need to be driven, that's why they were built, that's Enzo's legacy... Racing, cars on the move, as fast as they can be... Stuck in a garage... Screw that! Yes, it is rare and all, but it should also be part of the roads, part of the world, for the children to admire and aspire (and the inner child in all of us...)! :roll:

Word!

KryptonZone said:

then after 10 years it'll be wrecked and we'll never see an original F40 again

Roman said:
matt_shaw said:
then after 10 years it'll be wrecked and we'll never see an original F40 again
Purpose, matt... purpose.

Cars are meant to be driven.

Want a collectible, get a scaled down version and let it sit on the shelf.

i dont want my kids to grow up and never see an F40 in their life

How could he resist? what a dumbass

I'd drive the fuck out of it if it was mine!

it's really not a car fan who bought this but a rich dumbass who wanted to make some profit! :thumbsdown:

Renesis said:
it's really not a car fan who bought this but a rich dumbass who wanted to make some profit! :thumbsdown:

thats a stupid thing to say. the car is in a private collection; the guy that owns the car doesnt make money from it.

matt_shaw said:
Renesis said:

thats a stupid thing to say. the car is in a private collection; the guy that owns the car doesnt make money from it.

Sure he's not making from displaying the car, but I'm pretty sure Ren's point was that the guy's making a profit when he sells it.

As for the other posts above - I'm in the "drive the thing" category. Using the car doesn't mean it can't be enjoyed by future generations.

Cars, specially Ferraris are meant to be driven.
It would be an offense to Mr. Enzo not to drive it and store it instead.
That said: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I'd drive it, no question. Cars were meant to be driven, Enzo didn't design the F40 for fat rich dudes to put in ziplock bags in their fancy garages. The F40 is a track car, and it should be treated as such. If it breaks, fix it. I can think of very few cars that should be preserved rather than driven.