super huge zoom on images

Status
Not open for further replies.

The White Stig

Previously Known As SL63 AMG
Car(s)
Toyota Yaris TS
with regular software like photoshop you can only zoom in so much and then you get huge pixels and you cant see a thing. I have seen on a few movies software that cleans up the image once you have zoomed in to much and you can clearly see everything.

where can i download such a software?

thanks.

To be honest, i'd be surprised if such software exists. I can that there is something available that does a rough enhancement, but not to the extent that they do it in hollywood.
Don't believe everything you see in movies! :p

i am not looking for that. what i mean is say i take a picture of a street from the 10th floor of a building is there a software that lets me zoom into a car number plate? i dont want quality just enough to make stuff out. I saw it in the tv show '24' at ctu and its really cool.

I saw it in the tv show '24'

Like I said before: hollywood = bullshit

If you want to pick out details, then it depends on the maximum resolution of the camera. If the object is too far away for the camera to distinguish details, then you cant just make them appear.

but i remeber seeing a website that had a image on it that allowed you to use a massive zoom. i will try and find it. also if i find such a software i will post it here.

^ The site was most likely using an image made up of many, many other, smaller images. So it's not a massive zoom function, just simply a collage of images that you can zoom in on. The level of zoom is determined by the resolution of the images used in the collage.

i know but i am sure you can clean any picture up a bit.

yeah that what i am talking about.

do you know a software that can do that?

*sigh* What part of no don't you understand?

It's not possible - the information just isn't there in the image. Educated guesses are possible, but only to a certain, quite limited extent.

I'm sorry, but how stupid can you be to believe in that shit? You can't get stuff that isn't there! Do you understand what is bitmap? There's ONLY RGB information about every single pixel, and nothing more. You zoom -> you get big pixels. You can smooth them, blure them, remove noise, or do some advanced stuff like in my link above, but you can't get numbers from numberplate that is presented with 2 pixels in original image. You'll just get 2 huge pixels.

so your saying the stuff we see on tv is 100% bullshit?

but i remeber seeing a website that had a image on it that allowed you to use a massive zoom.
Yes, I remember that website as well. It did allow a very high zoom factor because the picture had an enourmously high resolution in the first place. You can improve normal pictures to a very small extent, but that's it. The things you see in movies and shows are nowhere near reality.

Regards
the Interceptor

Holy shit.
This MUST be a hoax, no?

so your saying the stuff we see on tv is 100% bullshit?
Hilarious :lol:

I guess all the government computers have a special tool installed which makes cool "beep" and "tiiit" sounds with everything you do? :)

I tried to read this but my head exploded some where in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.