I am a Billionaire and I drive RUBBISH

Momentum57

worships the 2010 Prius like a god
DONOR
Car(s)
It's A HONDA! Clarity Plug In Electric
Forbes has something rather cool, 10 of the richest people and what they drive.

Steven Ballmer: Net Worth: $12.1 billion: Drives 1998 Lincoln Continental

Michael Dell: Net Worth: $16 billion: Drives 2004 Porsche Boxster; 2005 Hummer H2

Alice Walton: Net Worth: $18 billion: Drives 2006 Ford F-150 King Ranch

Jim Walton: Net Worth: $18.2 billion: Drives 2002 Dodge Dakota Pickup; 2000 Integra; 1998 Mitsubishi Montero Sport; 1999 Chevrolet Silverado Pickup; 1959 Cadillac

Lawrence Ellison: Net Worth: $18.4 billion: Drives 2006 Bentley Flying Spur Bentley Continental GT

Paul Allen: Net Worth: $21 billion: Drives 1988 Porsche 959 Coupe 1988 Mazda B-Series Pickup

Ingvar Kamprad: Net Worth: $23 billion: Drives 1993 Volvo 240 GL

Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Alsaud: Net Worth: $23.7 billion Drives Infiniti FX45; Hummer H1; Volvo XC90; Rolls-Royce Phantom; Daewoo Matiz NOTE: buys 2 of every car he owns; one for himself one for bodyguards

Warren Buffett: Net Worth: $44 billion Drives 2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series NOTE License Plate reads THRIFTY

William Gates III: Net Worth: $46.5 billion Drives 1999 Porsche 911 Convertible; 1988 Porsche 959 Coupe

Well, considering most these guys get driven around in limos it's hardly a surprise they don't have a ton of cars. In fact most millionaires in the US drive domestic cars that are about 10 years old. You don't get to be a millionaire by blowing all your dough on toys. Granted when you are worth many billions that does not really hold true.

It's their money, if they want to drive a 1993 Volvo 240 GL so be it. Who am I to judge?

959 is rubbish?

Oh that has a great story to it. Gates and Allen wanted one but it was illegal in the states for saftey reasons or something. So to make a long story short Gates had his staff develop an expensive computer simulation to prove it to the government and then had his legal team bully Clinton to get it so they could get them into the country. The rubbish would be the 98 lincon and get this he says hes thinking of getting a new MkZ after another 10 or 20 thousand miles.

maybe those people don't think that they need to show off their riches to everyone they drive by, and just a normal car is sufficient to them...and just because you're rich doesn't mean that you're a car fanatic, i mean some of the stars on top gear didn't have the best cars either

Yeeah seriously haha, only one of the rarest cars. I wish I had a 959.

Net Worth: $18 billion: Drives 2006 Ford F-150 King Ranch

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

$18 BILLION!!!! POOP... *dies*

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

$18 BILLION!!!! POOP... *dies*
pshh!
hicks:mad:

I don't see what's so wrong.. They probably don't give two shits about cars? What's wrong with the Flying spur?

Hell, if I was worth millions, i'd have heaps of really nice condition older cars. Ones that I really have a soft spot for.

/dreams of a E24 M635CSi..

William Gates III: Net Worth: $46.5 billion Drives 1999 Porsche 911 Convertible; 1988 Porsche 959 Coupe

:eek: 959! I have found new respect for Gatesey.....

Probably should upgrade the '99 Carrera to a 997 though.

I find it ironic that the Walmart guy drives around in an American icon he bought by selling cheap Chinese crap.

whoever came up with this list clearly knows nothing about cars save the fact that they have four wheels and move people around...

porsche 959? rubbish???? I mean it?s definitely not be the prettiest car they ever made in zuffenhausen, but its an icon, it was a milestone of sorts...

apart from the fact that I?m sure all these people have more than just those few cars in their various houses around the world, most of the cars on that list are imho much cooler than buying a maybach and putting gold rims with big diamonds on it...

Isn't Ingvar the IKEA owner?

whoever came up with this list clearly knows nothing about cars save the fact that they have four wheels and move people around...
Yeah. Forbes is so stupid by listing the cars rich people drive!!
I think that OP just copied the list from there and meant that MOST (not the same as all) cars rich people drive are rubbish.

And yes, Ingvar Kamprad is the Ikea owner. He is really a cheapskate too, he actually does not use his car anyway he takes the bus and uses his pensioner discount card too :)

And yes, Ingvar Kamprad is the Ikea owner. He is really a cheapskate too, he actually does not use his car anyway he takes the bus and uses his pensioner discount card too :)

Wow. What's the point of being rich?

That's wrong, it's 245 GL. In other words an estate.

:)

No, the third digit was dropped in 1986 :p

And i can't think of a car that would suit what i know of Ingvar Kamprad more than this car :)