C&C 3: Tiberium Wars Demo Is Out!

I was hoping NOD still had that overpowered artillery. Ah well... now the GDI Mammoth Mark III tank > NOD killer mech. I might reconsider my opinion after more playing time :p

They'll balance it out. If not in the final then via patches just like they did with the overlord in generals...

///edit: Scrin doesn't work for me, I get instantly defeated, no matter which combination I choose...

Last edited:
Buba said:
///edit: Scrin doesn't work for me, I get instantly defeated, no matter which combination I choose...

same here, found out after posting. love the NOD beam truck thing. a swarm of 10 can take out a whole base :D

Haha @ the other modes. Gonna go try that now!

Yeah...Scrin doesn't work. Shame too, really wanted to see what their units were like.

can someone help me decide which version i should go for, xbox or PC. i have the system to play the PC version very well (anti aliasing level 3) but the 360 version has multiplayer and downloads. also ?10 more on xbox. plz help me decide :)

There will be free downloads for the PC, I reckon, and PC really makes more sense than 360 for RTS, IMHO...
I mean, you'll be able to do some multiplayer action on your PC as well:lmao:

Plus there have always been TotalConversions of the C&C titles in the past.

Its pretty much a no-brainer.

There will be free downloads for the PC, I reckon, and PC really makes more sense than 360 for RTS, IMHO...
I mean, you'll be able to do some multiplayer action on your PC as well:lmao:

Plus there have always been TotalConversions of the C&C titles in the past.

Its pretty much a no-brainer.

yeah that's what i thought, i really can't imagine playing RTS without the mouse :lol:

and as long as there are downloads for PC so i'm not missing out then that't the one i'll go for. thanks for the advice :)

Hey how is everybody doing in the game?

Has anyone been able to beat the hard or brutal AI?

To beat the medium AI I immediately packed up the base and move to the smaller upper left corner. I set up the base there and I was able to win because i didn't have to worry to much about defense. I just worked on offense. I played both GDI and beat them with tanks and I beat NOD with the firehawk. I am not sure if I am going to be able to beat the hard or brutal AIs.

Anyone else playing it a lot or just a couple of times and then put it away?

i've done about 6 games with GDI and NOD. only just found the building upgrades :D. got my ass kicked by brutal tho

Whoever gets this to run under Windows 2000: please tell me how! :cry:

when you click on some of the buildings (tech centre, power plant, armory) you get upgrades in the bottom-right corner. power plants (GDI) have extra turbines, NOD versions have tiberium cores. tech centre allows you to do other things. i think you can upgrade the mammoth tank to a railgun there. have a look.

also, if you build an obelisk of light as NOD, drive a few beam cannons over there, select them and right-click on the obelisk. they charge it up, increasing power, range and decreasing recharge time. i took out most of the city with one obelisk and 10 beam cannons parked around it :lol:

what's the problem? i have a mate who is trying to get it working on 2K pro
Well, it doesn't run on my Win2k system, it only gives me an error message. And officially, it only supports XP and Vista, and not 2000. If your mate succeeds getting it to run, it'd be nice if you drop me a line.

Regards
the Interceptor

if you build an obelisk of light as NOD, drive a few beam cannons over there, select them and right-click on the obelisk. they charge it up, increasing power, range and decreasing recharge time. i took out most of the city with one obelisk and 10 beam cannons parked around it

oh nice, like the tesla zappers in RA2.

the Warmechs are excellent, spend a bit of time making 5 mechs and associated bikes, stealth tanks and beam cannons, rip em out(that's the best part) and nothing can stop you

the Warmechs are excellent, spend a bit of time making 5 mechs and associated bikes, stealth tanks and beam cannons, rip em out(that's the best part) and nothing can stop you

beam cannons are my favourite units. i just love the way they blast buildings to bits
:evil:

What i meant was use the warmechs to steal their cannons and then the mechs are unstoppable, they have stealth, flame throwers for infantry, beam cannons for vehicles and buildings etc