Why drag racing your Donk probably isn't a good idea.

Tigger, they are ALL ghetto rigged like that.
I figured as much. The El Camino looked like they'd hacked a 2wd pickup suspension under it, with lift springs and blocks in the back and cut up A-Arms and frame in the front. All without any noticeable brake, axle or drivetrain improvements. If I still had my pickup I would be brake checking these guys left and right lol.

why? how about just letting them be? they're not harming you. let people do what they want with their cars.

why? how about just letting them be? they're not harming you. let people do what they want with their cars.
Hey, i'm all for cars that are well past what most people consider safe. I hate air bags, traction control and all the new crash safety crap in general that is adding hundreds of pounds to cars.

But, what if one of these things shit an axle on the freeway in front of you, or a lift block? What if they actually have to stop those huge 26" in a short distance? Old G-Bodies don't exactly have amazing brakes stock. These cars are fairly tough stock, but you put hundreds of pounds of rolling stock and a hacked up lift on any car and you're only asking for trouble.

Go look into how they are being built. They could harm me, or other on the road when their axles fall out, or the suspension fails because their uneducated friends said "oh yeah that's perfectly drivable".

At least some guys will just throw the bodies on a lifted jeep or pick-up truck frame, while it sounds stupid, it's far more reliable then welding an extension to one of the weakest parts of the chassis to lower the spindle.

SOMEONE POST THIS VIDEO SOMEWHERE ELSE OR I'LL STAB THE FIRST PERSON I SEE WITH A DISH CLOTH! :blowup:

* You were kicked by SiegHeilMXM (Turn caps lock OFF!)

awww when i saw donk... in the title i thought it would be

"why drag racing your donkey is a good idea..."

i'm very disappointed now :cry:

Well, donk rhymes with twonk, which pretty much sums up the driver.

fair points about how the cars are built.

however, you can argue exotic cars endanger the public as well, especially with the inexperienced drivers who think they're an andretti all of a sudden and the highway is their personal circuit. i mean, there really is no need for 640hp and 200+ mph cars on public roads, especially when alot of owners aren't trained properly to drive them.

Exotic cars are not dangerous, the inexperienced drivers are dangerous; that's the difference. These hacked up GMs are inherently dangerous to have on the road and that danger has nothing to do with the driving ability of the guy behind the wheel. You could put a professional driver in one of these monstrosities and it would still be dangerous.

Exotics are not inherently dangerous, these cars are.

Don't all or at least most exotics (depends on what you consider exotic) have various forms of traction controls and stability systems?

Such systems wouldn't help these donks, hell they'd probably just make the suspension fail even faster. Donks have the potential to combine stupid drivers, with extremely unsafe vehicles. Thats never a good thing.

Last edited:
however, you can argue exotic cars endanger the public as well, especially with the inexperienced drivers who think they're an andretti all of a sudden and the highway is their personal circuit. i mean, there really is no need for 640hp and 200+ mph cars on public roads, especially when alot of owners aren't trained properly to drive them.

http://img109.imageshack.**/img109/3528/eddiegriffphill13370078sv6.jpg

Just think of combining the types of people that build these heaps of shit with people who like doing this:

[YOUTUBE]hJDLRCXR2ZM[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah, but here's the thing; scrapers and donks and stuff are built to go five miles an hour in the fast lane with three people standing on the roof...not for drag racing.

he's right, you're not supposed to laugh with people who have the syndrom of dawn :rolleyes:

Yeah, but here's the thing; scrapers and donks and stuff are built to go five miles an hour in the fast lane with three people standing on the roof...not for drag racing.

They're built so huge wheels can be stuck on them. Idiots will still drag race them, still take them on the highway, still try to drive them fast. The point is, like Blind_Io said, the cars are inherently dangerous. Considering most of the guys driving these won't be the sharpest tools in the shed, i'm sure there's going to be some accidents.

What's with the whole let's-make-sure-stupid-people-can't-do-dangerous-shit agenda?

The way I see it they'll get killed to death somewhere, therefore won't be able to reproduce and natural selection would have its way. Besides, when did you last hear someone with 30" wheels got himself into an accident and killed a buncha people?

What's with the whole let's-make-sure-stupid-people-can't-do-dangerous-shit agenda?

The way I see it they'll get killed to death somewhere, therefore won't be able to reproduce and natural selection would have its way. Besides, when did you last hear someone with 30" wheels got himself into an accident and killed a buncha people?

Hopefully never.