Help identifying a vehicle

jetsetter

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1997 BMW 528i
Could anyone tell me the name of this concept car?
http://img406.imageshack.**/img406/5831/0611topimage2008nfcgg4.jpg

Thank you for the help.:D

Looks like they've photoshopped the front of the RD-6 concept onto their interpretation of a new XJ body.

Thats the 2008 Jaguar S Type

Source

I like.

i don't know why but good lord do i love those lights

also the grille....

wow.. the whole thing is hot... i really really want one...

Last edited:
It looks like a Jaguar concept for the S-Type replacement.

Having said that, it might be a (very good) photoshop, as I keep losing track of what Jag plan to replace the X/S type with this week...

I hope that isn't a replacement S-Type, that thing is disgusting :barf:

That was the original idea for the new S-Type, but they are making the XF instead.
jaguar_xf_concept_official_8.jpg

To be truthful I have mixed feelings. I like both but the red car ranks a little higher on my list.

XF looks a million times better, the body shape on the red one isn't bad, but the headlights are awful

But but the million dollar question...
WELL THE DAMN THING STAY IN ONE PIECE OVER ITS LIFETIME!
I just have to say that in any Jag/S-Type post.. Not because i am a Jag hater... The sad fact is, i was a Jag owner (2003 S-Type 4.2 V8)

didn't Jezza say something in TG mag about betting the design for the S-type wouldn't stay like the XF shown above? if he did it didn't take long for the guys at jaguar to change their minds...

but i love the S-type at the top too, really like the lights. kinda alfa-ish

didn't Jezza say something in TG mag about betting the design for the S-type wouldn't stay like the XF shown above? if he did it didn't take long for the guys at jaguar to change their minds...

He did - but that was out of frustration that so many concepts end up getting dumbed down on their way to production.

As for this red car - it's just a random photoshop. Expect the new S-type to be a calmed down version of the XF (hopefully not too calmed down).

Clarkson did say on Top Gear about that concept car. He said that 'If the new S-Type looks like that [The XF], I'll bite off my left leg, and beat myself to death with it.'

Like his predictions on the [current] Vauxhall Astra. He enjoyed a nice omelette involving cheese, eggs, and his own hair. It was funny.