Harry Potter: Order of the Phoenix (SPOILERS AHEAD)

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
Ok, we didn't have a thread for this one and I saw the film yesterday.

I liked it, it had one of the most kick-ass magic melee scenes and a great duel between Dumbledoor and Voldemort. It was certainly the darkest of all the films to date, and that's saying quite a bit after the last one. It's not so much that Potter shows his evil side, but that the situation starts to look more and more hopeless as the film progresses. It's the "Empire Strikes Back" of the Harry Potter films

Well it did say spoiler, so I'm not gonna use the random feature thing

Just watched it and completely forgot Sirius died...hhahaha

I thought Harry Potter would surely die. I feel ripped off by another happy ending.

I thought Harry Potter would surely die. I feel ripped off by another happy ending.

Yes because the next two books that come after Order of the Phoenix are about Harry's ghost.

Lol yeah...harry's ghost and the random hookup with moaning myrtle

Im wondering, considering the book is almost 2 years old, can anything we discuss be actually considered spoilers? I wonder what percentage of ppl who dont know anything about the story actually go watch what is now part 5 in a series of 7.

Not all of us have actually read the books.

The books are better than the movies.

lol i read up to the 4th book and stopped, and when i finally picked up the 5th, i fell asleep in the first chapter because i guess i just lost interest :\

probably will see the movie though... out of curiosity

well I saw it, first HP movie I've seen, went with a friend who is a fan.. I must say I was very disappointed, was waiting and waiting for something to happen, then there was 5 minutes of action and the movie was over.. I guess it would have helped to read the books or see the other movies.

Not all of us have actually read the books.

youre better off not reading the books then, or read them AFTER watching the movie, because all the book fans seem to do is bitch and moan about how much was edited out of the movies, not realizing in their tiny little brains how hard a job it is to edit a 700 pg book into under 3 hrs of movie content and still make it watchable.

Well I think the books are better than the films, obviously because of what you said above about the books having more content (I guess that means I have a tiny little brain :p). But also because you can create your own mental image of the setting or characters.

When I pictured Voldemort in my mind, he certainly didn't look as pathetic as he did when he appeared in the fourth film.

youre better off not reading the books then, or read them AFTER watching the movie, because all the book fans seem to do is bitch and moan about how much was edited out of the movies, not realizing in their tiny little brains how hard a job it is to edit a 700 pg book into under 3 hrs of movie content and still make it watchable.

That's the plan.

Well I think the books are better than the films, obviously because of what you said above about the books having more content (I guess that means I have a tiny little brain :p). But also because you can create your own mental image of the setting or characters.

When I pictured Voldemort in my mind, he certainly didn't look as pathetic as he did when he appeared in the fourth film.

ppl who enjoy the books in and of themselves = fine

ppl who enjoy the movies only = fine

ppl who enjoy the books and the movies realizing they're completely diff entertainment mediums and appreciate the technical differrnces and limitations of translation the same story to screen vs page = fine

ppl who enjoy the book, then complain that a movie sucks, not because its a bad movie, but because its not a faithful and LITERAL translation of a long and detailed book = idiots.

thats my point, i like the books too but understanding movies, i accept the movie mediums limitations, now if its just a lousy made movie, its a lousy movie, period.

but all the 'the book version is better' comments are stupid rhetorical (duh, of course) statements made by ppl who lack the insight or wit to make comments of real substance.

having said that, yeah it was hard to watch the heavily edited version of the story on screen but the movie makers did the best they could. at least it was better than movies 1 n 2 which were terrible. i still like alfonzo cuarons translation of prizoner of azkhaban the best even tho its the shortest of all the HP movies.

I have all the books, read them over and over, and I like the movies, too. I understand that alot has to be condensed, so I treat the movies like a companion to the books, rather than a literal word for word screenplay.

Looking forward to seeing this one.

This movie wasn't bad. In fact, it was impressive how they managed to cram 700 pages into two and a half hours. Yeah, this movie was long and there were certainly moments when it dragged on and I begun to look at my watch more frequently. One thing that annoyed me slightly was just how much the actors all over act and dramatize every single word! Still, Alan Rickman (Hans Gruber!), Michael Gambon and Jason Isaacs were as good as ever.

I still think the best part of this movie was Emma Watson.