Porsche Cayman S Design Edition 1

Devon

Car(s)
2008 MY09 Subaru Impreza RX
Porsche announces limited-edition Cayman S

08/14/07, 10:07am, EDT

Porsche has released pictures of its Cayman S Porsche Design Edition 1, set to debut at the Frankfurt Auto Show. The limited-edition Cayman, of which only 777 examples will be built, arrives for the 35th anniversary of Ferdinand Alexander Porsche's original Porsche Design chronograph.

The Design Edition Cayman will be finished in black, inside and out, is lowered 10mm and wears 19 inch wheels borrowed from the 911 Turbo. Accents on the doors, hood, roof, and rear deck are done in matte black. Interior trim includes the use of black Alcantara. All cars come with a briefcase loaded with a chronograph, pen, sunglasses, knife, and keyring. The Porsche Design Edition 1 goes on sale in Germany in November with U.S. sales starting in January of 2008. U.S. pricing has yet to be released.

Source

2008porschecaymansle1.jpg

2008porschecaymansle2.jpg

2008porschecaymansle3.jpg

2008porschecaymansle4.jpg

2008porschecaymansle5.jpg

2008porschecaymansle6.jpg

I think it looks good in that colour with the Turbo wheels, not a fan of the "Design Edition" stripes though.

I still hate that ugly ass

Are you kidding? I love the way the Cayman looks - I like it more than the 911 line. My only question is why did they express the fuel gauge in fourths? Didn't they learn to reduce it to the lowest terms.

The Cayman is my favorite car in Porsche's lineup. I love the way it looks! Overall I like this special edition, except for the 911 style front end. I think the openings are just too big for such a small car.

Are you kidding? I love the way the Cayman looks - I like it more than the 911 line. My only question is why did they express the fuel gauge in fourths? Didn't they learn to reduce it to the lowest terms.

I think Dad's has it in fourths. I think. If so, must just be a Porsche thing.

That car is dead sexy.

I think that looks great with the Turbo wheels. Shithouse limited edition though.

A car looking like that should have carbon ceramic brake option, LSD, lightweight bucket seats and 300hp should do it. Not a bloody briefcase.

Dead sexy, but that rear roofline still gets me a little.

Ugh, awful stripes - the Cayman is growing on me though. I'm still not loving it, but I hate it less than I used to.

now that's a car!

You can imagine some arse buying this and wearing the Adidas 'Porsche design' Jacket and shoes and the 'porsche design' watch and belt and baseball hat.

Yuck

My only question is why did they express the fuel gauge in fourths? Didn't they learn to reduce it to the lowest terms.
"Nein, zhat ist not precize enough..." "Wir originally wanted to make it in 1000s..."

I don't really se the point though. Why not just specify a solid black Cayman S with black interior trim in the first place? And, I think it would look better with black powder coated GT3 wheels rather than the 'slightly-too-much-blingy' ones fitted to the Turbo. Anyway, a great car, but expect a hefty price hop for some decals and a black finish...

it's not fourths, it's fifths.

And i prefer the Cayman's looks to the 911 as well, it's gorgeous!

The Cayman still looks like ass in the back. The side profile and front are fine, but that rear end just ruins it. The Boxster is still better looking imo.

I'm loving the two tone stripes gives it a really good look. and whoever said the Turbo wheels look good on it, i agree.

Though i think that there should only be one stripe on the doors, and not the 3 they show, bit tacky