Need help choosing a new phone

jmsprovan

Hey, guys. I've read loads of these topics but never really come to a conclusion. I have a free upgrade coming up and would like to use it, i don't want to spend anything so i'm sticking to the "Free" phones. I know half of you will say an N95 but it'll be ?250 to upgrade :(.

I've looked through the O2 brochure i got and i've come up with a few which i like. If you have any of these can you tell me if they are good/bad.

Sony Ericsson W580i: http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pip1&zone=pp&pid=10856

Sony Ericsson K810i: http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pip1&zone=pp&pid=10804

Sony Ericsson W850i: http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pip1&zone=pp&pid=10447

I know they are all Sony Ericsson's but that's what's on offer <_<

Thanks

Personally I'd go for the K810i, unless you already had a K800i to start with, in which case it probably isn't worth it.

There's nothing wrong with Sony Ericssons, I'd go for the K810i.

i'm upgrading from an N70 so anything will be better :)

(The thing takes about 10mins to boot up :p)

Last edited:
K810 FTW. My friend has a K800 and it's a really nice phone.

Hey, guys. I've read loads of these topics but never really come to a conclusion. I have a free upgrade coming up and would like to use it, i don't want to spend anything so i'm sticking to the "Free" phones. I know half of you will say an N95 but it'll be ?250 to upgrade :(.

I've looked through the O2 brochure i got and i've come up with a few which i like. If you have any of these can you tell me if they are good/bad.

Sony Ericsson W580i

Sony Ericsson K810i

Sony Ericsson W850i

I know they are all Sony Ericsson's but that's what's on offer <_<

Thanks
If I were you I would hold off untill the W960i is released. This is looking to be a true iPhone beater...

W960i.jpg

W960i2.jpg

W960i3.jpg
W960i4.jpg

Or if you want a camera phone, how about the K850i?

K850i.jpg

K850i2.jpg

Last edited:
i'll be looking at a new phone soon. i'm still using a crappy nokia so any upgrade will be nice. i'll be looking at pretty much the same phones, but i'd thought about the W950i too, just because it's a smartphone. having a camera would be nice though

looking to spend about ?250 when i do upgrade thoough, but i'm not sure if i'm getting a phone or putting Vista on my PC yet. that will cost about the same with 2 500GB SATA drives and Vista ultimate

I've never dropped my current phone on the ground..
lucky guy. I slammed mine in the door of my RX07, several times. very hard. I got in after work and the door wouldn't shut, so like an idiot I just tried to slam it shut several times, and when i finally looked, my coat was draped over the door frame with my phone in my pocket, right on the frame.:lol:

and good god that sony ericsson looks hawt.

Wow...I just drooled over the W960i. Might as well be my next phone, since I find my W810i to be very good.

i got a k810i yesterday :)

My local o2 store had a mockup of the K850i and i didn't like the feel of it. I think it would be to easy to drop! :p

I'm going to pick up my W950i in about an hour.

Only for 59? :D

I got it so cheap because my father s getting a mobile phone (He has never had one) and I'm going to change the W950i for my K600i.

As soon as I get it I'll tell you about it.

Wow...I just drooled over the W960i. Might as well be my next phone, since I find my W810i to be very good.
I also have a W810i, and have been very pleased with it. Though after having had a P800 and a P900 I was missing the smarthone functionality and interface. I am also looking at changing the W810i for a W960i when the latter is released...

I have a W850i and I love the thing. The problem is I'm now wishing I'd gone for a model with a better camera (read : the K800).

Thing is if I had the K800 I'd be wishing for the music features the W850i has...

It's down to whether you want tunes on the move or a camera. If you have an mp3 player of some kind I'd say go for camera over tunes.

Having said that the W850i is great, it's just it's 2mp camera is a bit...iuno...less than I was hoping for. Plus the lens gets dirty very easily.

i have the k800i, its a great phone/camera/mp3 player.

but personally, i think sony ericssons have a bit of a reliability issue. currently when my phone gets confused (ex: trying to open a large program) it just decides to turn itself off. lately its been getting worse, its shuts down sometimes when i try to open the music player.

but nevertheless i still luv it so u should get the k810i then.