Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare...no more WWII

Last edited:
wheres the examples of deformable terrain then?

Who said it had deformable terrain? Some stuff can be blown up, but it's not going to be a fully destructible environment, which in my opinion wouldn't be that great anyway. Noobs would be blowing all kinds of stuff up just for the fun of it :p

Anyway, this game is going to rule :D

Who said it had deformable terrain? Some stuff can be blown up, but it's not going to be a fully destructible environment, which in my opinion wouldn't be that great anyway. Noobs would be blowing all kinds of stuff up just for the fun of it :p

Anyway, this game is going to rule :D

i believe you did

kinda :p

BUMP!

It seems that this game is truly going to rule and it's DEFINITELY going to be on the PC, apparently around November.

It's sounding quote incredible:

"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will also feature deformable environments, where you can kick down and blow up doors, or take it to another next level with destructible walls, roads, buildings, and bridges. You'll also be able to block doors with heavy obstacles like vehicles or furniture and block windows from grenades with a little chicken wire. But you're not just limited to shooting what's within your (fire)arm's reach: you can call in and laser-sight air strikes to knock out those pesky enemy tanks and sniper's nests, too. Now that's what friends are for. "

Here is another good and revealing article about the game:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=164044

well ok, its not deformable terrain, but in the videos i only saw examples of destructable cars. infact i didnt even see a house door in the movies i watched....all the houses were door-less. didnt see any examples of destructable walls either.

hopefully they have stood by that though....blowing up bridges is fun, and shooting through doors and plaster board walls is fun.

I completely forgot about that quote I posted :) I had found that on planetcallofduty.com all the way back in April.

Well, I have seen doors get kicked in on the Single player videos, and there probably will be designated places to plant bombs (blowing up objectives) just like in CoD2. And we will be able to shoot through doors.

But some of the other stuff could have been rumors because I haven't heard too much more about it.

I completely forgot about that quote I posted :) I had found that on planetcallofduty.com all the way back in April.

Well, I have seen doors get kicked in on the Single player videos, and there probably will be designated places to plant bombs (blowing up objectives) just like in CoD2. And we will be able to shoot through doors.

But some of the other stuff could have been rumors because I haven't heard too much more about it.

in fairness its about time we got this kind of functionality in games.

i mean the 360 has 3 CPU cores, each capable of executing two threads at a time. thats 6 threads. i bet they still only use 1 CPU core for the games, perhaps have the OS idling in the background on the 2nd.

PS3 has lots of cores too, though the SPE's are a bit more specific in what they can and cant do, and they have tiny amounts of cache.

we have dual core CPUs on the desktop and still no game really uses it.

I'm in the Beta for it now. I gotta say, it's WAY fun. A lot of people bitching about certain weapons, but they wil get over it.

You lucky duck. I'm waiting anxiously to try it on PC :whistle:

Yes, and it rocks!!

?Required (min) Specs?

CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 2.4 GHz or AMD(R) Athlon(TM) 64 2800+ processor or any 1.8Ghz Dual Core Processor or better supported
RAM: 512MB RAM (768MB for Windows Vista)
Harddrive: 8GB of free hard drive space
Video card (generic): NVIDIA(R) Geforce(TM) 6600 or better or ATI(R) Radeon(R) 9800Pro or better
Once you guys download the demo on the PC and play be sure to stop back by and let me know what you think. This is the first time anyone besides press is getting their hands on Single Player so I'm anxious to hear your guys thoughts and reactions!

?Recommended Specs?

CPU: 2.4 GHz dual core or better is recommended
RAM: 1GB for XP; 2GB for Vista is recommended
Harddrive: 8GB of free hard drive space
Video card: 3.0 Shader Support recommended. Nvidia Geforce 7800 or better or ATI Radeon X1800 or better

in fairness its about time we got this kind of functionality in games.

i mean the 360 has 3 CPU cores, each capable of executing two threads at a time. thats 6 threads. i bet they still only use 1 CPU core for the games, perhaps have the OS idling in the background on the 2nd.

PS3 has lots of cores too, though the SPE's are a bit more specific in what they can and cant do, and they have tiny amounts of cache.

we have dual core CPUs on the desktop and still no game really uses it.
Lot of Cores meaning 7 SPEs+1 (I forget :p) and each at 3.2 GHz, while the 360 has 3 cores at 3.2 GHz and 2 processes on each would split that speed to 1.6 GHz per process. The crazy thing is that most of the process isn't used, like you said. From what I remember only Gears of War and Halo 3 need/use all 3 cores/6 processes and nothing on the PS3 has used more then 3-4 cores.

Also, I really do think CoD4 will be amazing, especially for the PC, still I would play CoD1 for Rifles only!

This game really does look as good as the trailer they posted back in April. And the weapon accuracy is much better than the lousy BF2 bullet spread. Definitely pre-ordering :D

I'm just blown away by how much bang (graphics) you get for your buck. The graphics are incredible and yet the game play is smooth and my FPS is huge. From the other CoD4 reviews I've heard everyone is reporting really smooth game play with a huge graphical improvement. It has to come down to the fact that the devs have optimized the game well.

Sure, Crysis has the nicer graphics, but this game will definitely set a new benchmark in graphics for people without the greatest GPU in the world.

Screw Crysis, I want this! :D

I have seen some screenie comparisons, where COD was in the lead...
Anyway, It recommends a 7800GTX as optimal... That must be some awesome streamlining and optimizing they did! It runs smooth as anything on my machine (7900GTO) and I bet Crysis won't do that... Plus I played all CODs, and only a tiny bit bit of Crysis...

I only wonder if I should get it for PC or 360? PC I guess for this one... Even though I came to prefer the 360 versions of recent shooters because of the hassle free play... No updating drivers and BSODs because the devs did a crappy job.

The online play will be bigger on the PC because the 360 will only have a max of 18 people in a game, while the PC will be 64 slots or even higher if the server can support it.

The PC servers will also be more configurable with custom settings, maps, etc.