Ford Doctors Mechanical Aptitude Test

i got 70%.
It is acctually good because i didn't know what a couple of phrases were. Guessing is cool - as i've guessed those correctly.

hahaha. 66%. I am so non-engineeringly minded it's not funny. That's why I do business.

Yup, 66% here too. Thats why I'm studying management and not engineering. You guys might like that sort of stuff, but I'm the one who's gonna be your boss someday 8)

For Q26, the light would have absolutely no activity because electrical current always takes the path of least resistance. This means that even though a meter would show the line voltage across the bulb, no current would be flowing through it, and therefore no light emitting from it. Also, suction is considered a force, but in reality it is just the term used for the pressure put on an area from the atmosphere around it by a pressure difference. The lower pressure is NOT pulling the higher pressure towards it, the higher pressure is attempting to reach the lower pressure to even in all out.

86% and made some dam stupid mistakes by click the wrong buttons:

But this is bollocks, as said it would glow slightly

I got this right, but I'd personally say suction is a valid answer as it is occurring in this process.

but it's a good test, lots of good practical concepts, thanks for sharing

For Q26, the light would have absolutely no activity because electrical current always takes the path of least resistance. This means that even though a meter would show the line voltage across the bulb, no current would be flowing through it, and therefore no light emitting from it.

That bold part is incorrect, if there's a voltage and a load -> there's a current. Because switch makes a shortcut there's no voltage over the bulb, and a meter will show zero as long as wires are reasonably short.

AArgh 68%. How can you know how fast the cogs spin when you dont know the sizes of the cogs. (The pictures are only for visual aid, not scientific data)

AArgh 68%. How can you know how fast the cogs spin when you dont know the sizes of the cogs. (The pictures are only for visual aid, not scientific data)

What made you think picture is just visual aid? It's part of the question. Could've counted the pins, or approximated visually that size is roughly half :p

That bold part is incorrect, if there's a voltage and a load -> there's a current. Because switch makes a shortcut there's no voltage over the bulb, and a meter will show zero as long as wires are reasonably short.

You're right, I was thinking wrong there. You wouldn't see any voltage there because there is no load. This is because while you may physically have the meter leads on the bulb, you are essentially measuring the voltage across the closed switch, which is zero because the switch has no resistance. Well, technically it does, but it's negligible. Thanks for pointing that mistake out.

EDIT: Even though your reply was short and to the point, I didn't actually read the whole thing, just that the bold part was wrong. Sorry for reiterating what you said when I could have just actually read the reply and said "Yep."

I want cake.

78%

c'mon for those 2 percents :(
and i'm a total noob on electricity, i just clicked sth without knowing what it was

64% :yucky:

I couldn't remember anything for the electricity questions.

68% - Fail!

The electrical questions were the only ones I knew, since I've actually studied electronics, quite some time ago...

hahaha. 66%. I am so non-engineeringly minded it's not funny. That's why I do business.

66%.

There's a reason why I got out of engineering...

Yup, 66% here too. Thats why I'm studying management and not engineering. You guys might like that sort of stuff, but I'm the one who's gonna be your boss someday 8)

We win.

Hellz yeah! The engineers might be the ones making the stuff go but I'll be letting them keep their jobs if I feel kind enough.

64%.

I am happy I got more than half right, but on the other hand disappointed I did not pass.

Oh well, I've never claimed to be an engineer and never really studied that kinda thing.

98%. I somehow missed the one with the worm gear. Of course it helped that physics was one of the last classes I took.

I got 80%, those pulley and weight questions seemed so odd... I never thought of kilos of force before... I always saw it in Newtons...