The Newest Server Thread

Still at 0.3sec generation times rather than the 30 of last week. :lol:

Wow, great steal on the cost of the server!! And the page loads are nice too.

Nice?! They're AWESOME.

Page generated in 0.19386 seconds with 31 queries [Server Loads: 1.44 1.68 : 1.80]

My little personal computer pulls up to 4.6A if I do my math correctly (550W/120V).

At 240V, the server is drawing 6.25A and at 120V, it'd be drawing 12.5A. That's quite a bit.

Pff, your psu might be rated for 550w, but i'll eat my own foot if it actually draws that much under load.

Last edited:
True, but it does pull a ton.

Just helping out with Global Warming here..

Not sure about this but the page loads seem to be up, maybe not statistically but browsing seems slower. Maybe its just because I'm in the UK.

Any ideas as to why Quicky? Had a quick look at the server info see we currently have 600meg of RAM to spare!

Some more info for you Quicky, this page: http://forums.finalgear.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15
Loaded in 9.990 seconds measured with fasterfox, I know you don't recommend it but I just have it set to default just measuring page loading times.

Last edited:
Page generated in 0.36900 seconds with 24 queries [Server Loads: 0.92 0.90 : 0.83]

Page generated in 0.36900 seconds with 24 queries [Server Loads: 0.92 0.90 : 0.83]

Page loads now seem MUCH faster.
Page generated in 0.29974 seconds with 27 queries

Seems that the network to the UK may be suffering with congestion. Just my thoughts.

Quiky said:
Sorry folks, but we have had a rough time with the server.. the network died at about 8:30PM monday and 13 of our ips would not reach the server. The network is back online at about midnight (est).. and of course, the database fails completely. We are working hard to get mysql back online, but it had a really bad crash, so it might be a while. Sorry!

Hey kids, sorry about the down time, something went quite wrong with the server. Anyway, I managed to get mysql to stop segfaulting on start, and the database tables are repaired, so hopefully everything is back to normal. I'll be online and checking everything throughout tomorrow, as I assume, will Quiky and Viper. Sorry again for the downtime, we hate it as much as you do.

-PC, your (mostly) invisible sysadmin.

Last edited:
Hey kids, sorry about the down time, something went quite wrong with the server. Anyway, I managed to get mysql to stop segfaulting on start, and the database tables are repaired, so hopefully everything is back to normal. I'll be online and checking everything throughout tomorrow, as I assume, will Quiky and Viper. Sorry again for the downtime, we hate it as much as you do.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

:clap: :thumbsup:

I think something went wrong as i didn't get my 60-odd topic reply notifications during the night. My inbox is lonely. :cry:

E-mails may indeed not be working. I just sent myself an e-mail via the contact form and it hasn't come through yet.

I'll let Quiky know.