Have any of you driven drunk before?

Have any of you driven drunk before?

• Yes, I do it often.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Yes, but I have only done it once/few times

Votes: 38 26.2%
  • No, but I did drive after I had sobered up

Votes: 55 37.9%
  • No, I have never let a drop of alcohol touch my lips.

Votes: 48 33.1%

• Total voters
"Stay in your lane, speed limit. Stay in your lane, speed limit. Stay in your lane, Speed limit."
That was pretty much it.

Not fun...

Tried it out once on a go-kart track (solo) as an experiment, but never with a road car.

Went out and set a time for reference, and then additional laps with increasing drinks.

After 4 drinks I was about 2 seconds off of my sober pace. After 5 or 6 I would spin out on slides (surface was slightly damp) that I would normally be able to hold easily when sober.

If I drink alot when I'm out with friends I try not to drive the next day. If I have only a couple of drinks I can think about getting behind the wheel after 6PM. I take drinking & driving very seriously and if I ever come to power, all the people that do it will be fed to starving african children. That would solve many problems.

I've never drank before, so no.

i've driven drunk, but not shitfaced. i think there is a difference. i know when i'm too fucked up to drive, and then i won't. however, if i'm a bit tipsy, i actually drive better because i follow the laws to the letter. when i'm sober, i'm generally driving like a maniac.

I've never drank before, so no.
i'm impressed. you go to meeeeechigan, and you've never drank?!?

The only time I touch a container of alcohol is when I'm using it to clean counting trays at the pharmacy :p

And now i've been bombarded with negative review marks... That will sure show me to be honest and open with my forum peers... :(

i actually drive better because i follow the laws to the letter. when i'm sober, i'm generally driving like a maniac.

I have to say that sounds totally backwards, and completely against the spirit of the law around here. Basically the cops will let you drive a bit crazy so long as your completely paying attention to your driving, but if your 1mph off and Not paying attention otherwise, you are soooo busted!!! And personally i think thats the ONLY way cops should uphold the law. Forget driving laws like speeding and right turns on red etc, if your paying attention, your okay, if your not paying attention then get off the damn road.

Last time I did was when I was eighteen. Before then...I am surprised I am still alive.

It depends on what you would call drunk driving. If you mean whether i have driven after i have drank alcohol: Yes, on a regular basis, but when i'm not in my hometown i never drink more than 2 beers, when in my hometown my limit is at 3 (i weigh 100 kgs and i have a high metabolism, so it leaves my system pretty fast), or 1 glass per hour if i stay more than 3 hours. For the rest i drink loads of water to get the alcohol out of my system faster. No softdrink sugar-bombs for me.

If you mean whether i gave driven while i may have been technically over the legal limit: maybe once or twice, in my hometown on (deserted) roads i knew very well, in case ofa real emergency. But i have never ever piloted any vehicle other than a bicycle when i was really drunk, and i will never ever pilot any other vehicle than a bicycle in those cases. If there is a possibility of me having to drive, i will not drink more than my personal limit i stated above. In all other cases, there's things like taxis, bicycles and friends.

Never after more than 1 pint but there isn't really an option for that.

No. Never. And I never will.
If I go to a party and I have to drive home again, I will drink one glass before or during the meal, IF ANYTHING AT ALL. After that, at least three hours no driving.
One glass is within legal limits here (bit stupid if you ask me, most people are already affected with that much alcohol in their blood, and no, don't you dare contradict me), and it should clear after an hour.

As far as I know, 95% of college students drink. I'm one of those who doesn't. Though I have been to parties and I have nothing against others that drink.

Once couple years ago I drank 7-8 beers, I don't approve drunk driving, but decided to give it a go. Normal driving was easy, except keeping the average speed, had to concentrate really hard on the speedo. Taking corners was another harder thing, even at low speeds, cornering felt really weird. I felt I'm not in total control of my car, so it was an easy decision; I'm not going to do that again.

Last edited:
No. I'm not sure which option to vote for. I'll go out to dinner or lunch and have a 1 drink with my meal, but that's about it. I'm more worried about getting crucified with a DUI then anything else. You can get a DUI for taking a tablespoon of cough medicine before driving. Even though people who're sleepy or talking on their cell phones are just as bad as drunks.

I've never done it, but then again I don't drink, period.

...if you don't care about killing other people you should at least care about getting a DUI and going to jail.

The mere fact that there are people out there that would put anything above killing someone sickens me.

never done it but i've only been driving for 6 months now, can't say i'll never do it but i doubt i ever will.

No. Never. And I never will.
If I go to a party and I have to drive home again, I will drink one glass before or during the meal, IF ANYTHING AT ALL. After that, at least three hours no driving.
One glass is within legal limits here (bit stupid if you ask me, most people are already affected with that much alcohol in their blood, and no, don't you dare contradict me), and it should clear after an hour.

+1

You can get a DUI for taking a tablespoon of cough medicine before driving.

Are breathalyser tests considered enough evidence where you live? Over here they're not for the very reason you stated above. To convict you of drunk driving the police needs to conduct a blood test, because that is the only way of reliably measuring someone's blood alcohol.

Are breathalyser tests considered enough evidence where you live? Over here they're not for the very reason you stated above. To convict you of drunk driving the police needs to conduct a blood test, because that is the only way of reliably measuring someone's blood alcohol.

Even if a breathalyser test is enough for them to arrest you, I'm sure you could request a blood test. On the other hand, some medicine makes you drowsy and isn't much better than alcohol. :think: