2008 Aston Martin Racing DBR9 Gulf Livery!

Martyn

Car(s)
Ford Focus
My friend just sent me a text from the Autosport show (which I'll be at tomorrow) informing me of the 2008 livery for the Aston Martin Racing DBR9s.

Think 1960s Ford GT40s and 1970s Porsche 917s, but on the DBR9! VERY NICE!

dbr9_gulf_002.jpg

dbr9_gulf_001.jpg

Powder blue and orange is the way forward.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/10/aston-martin-racing-unveils-gulf-livery-for-dbr9s/

Awesome!!!!!!!! I was just going to post this after seeing it on TopGear.com as well, but you beat me to it :D That has got to be the coolest thing in the history of endurance racing. Maybe with a bit of luck, one of those cars will end up on the overall podium (it's a longshot, but hey... people play the lottery with worse odds than that)

The Corvette/Aston battle is always a fun one, especially with the banter that Corvette Racing provide. It's fun at Le Mans because I don't really care what wins in GT1 as I support most of them! :lol:

It's worth noting that Aston Martin are providing an engine for an LMP1 Lola of Charouz Racing Systems, because of the change in regulations, allowing GT1 engines in LMP1 cars, which should be very interesting, it might give those diesels a bit of a run for their money!

The Corvette/Aston battle is always a fun one, especially with the banter that Corvette Racing provide. It's fun at Le Mans because I don't really care what wins in GT1 as I support most of them! :lol:

It's worth noting that Aston Martin are providing an engine for an LMP1 Lola of Charouz Racing Systems, because of the change in regulations, allowing GT1 engines in LMP1 cars, which should be very interesting, it might give those diesels a bit of a run for their money!

The big Aston V12 engine in the back of the closed-cockpit Lola? Now THAT is going to give the diesels a run for their money... I'm sure Henri Pescarolo is talking to Peugeot right now about running customer 908s now that these new rules are in effect. Or he's ordered his engineers to work frantically to modify the Pescarolo for it to fit Corvette or Saleen engines :lol::lol::lol:

Do want.

Actually, there was a Spec Racer Ford for sale with a Gulf livery and I almost bought it just on that basis. :)

Steve

That doesn't look half bad...but the 917 beats it.

Last edited:
AM should be in British racing green, and nothing else. Plus, baby blue and orange? eew...

^ I shouldn't be surprised I disagree.

I love the Gulf livery. I think you could paint Amy Winehouse in the Gulf livery and she'd look good.

Maybe in the 60s, but not these days anymore. Design classic, yes, otherwise, no.

I think IceBone has a point...

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/01/11/AstonMartinDBR9.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/01/11/dbr90503.jpg

AM should be in British racing green, and nothing else. Plus, baby blue and orange? eew...

QFT. Gulf colours are for the Ford GT40, British Racing Green is for Aston Martins. Its how it was. You wouldn't go and re-paint the Statue Of Liberty silver so it looked like the Empire State building would you? No. So why do it to cars?