Top Gear Mistakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Mcmoinahahan" :lol:

That was just Clarkson's name for him. He is Dermot Murnaghan (Mer-na-hen)

And nice spot.

Screen for those who can't be bothered to find it.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/02/03/TGMistake.jpg

Those 2 shots are about 3 seconds apart.

Last edited:
The same episode [10x03]

00:46:46 (No Jacket)
http://img245.imageshack.**/img245/7826/4646du9.png

00:46:47 (Jacket) :)
http://img245.imageshack.**/img245/58/4647lz6.png

^ :lol:

Thats a real good one.

Such poor editing on this show, who knew?

09x04 (58:25)....you know, I think Richard was a bit speechless. I don't think they cut audio out. If it was swearing then they would have bleeped it.

Why are you nitpicking the episodes anyway? Enjoy them in all their splendour :D

The same episode [10x03]

00:46:46 (No Jacket)
http://img245.imageshack.**/img245/7826/4646du9.png

00:46:47 (Jacket) :)
http://img245.imageshack.**/img245/58/4647lz6.png

^ :lol:

Thats a real good one.

Such poor editing on this show, who knew?

Brilliant find!

I don't think it's poor editing, but more about deadlines and prioritizing. Or they might not have caught the small bloopers....

Ok ok you're right it's poor editing :p. But it just goes to show you, that even with a plethora of little errors, they're still the #1 car show in the world :)

I don't mind finding the mistakes. Just goes to show that the people involved in making the show are actual people who make mistakes, not some huge soulless corporation.

Well, i've never noticed anything like this. :) But it's really entertaining to see all the little things people notice in the show.. :p You'd think they'd notice stuff like that while editing.. :) Or maybe they just don't care :D

They need to send us the the first edit release candidate so we can spot the errors. :p

this its possible tha tjaezza didnt feel like wearing his jacket home in that one though? he wasnt literally behind the wheel of the thing for the entire segment,

In the race to Switzerland, Richard and James have skis, implying that they can ski. Contrary to that, in the polar special, Jeremy says "... their first ever skiing lesson..."

whodunnit said:
this its possible tha tjaezza didnt feel like wearing his jacket home in that one though? he wasnt literally behind the wheel of the thing for the entire segment,

True. But those two shots are a second apart.

In the race to Switzerland, Richard and James have skis, implying that they can ski. Contrary to that, in the polar special, Jeremy says "... their first ever skiing lesson..."
I think they brought them as props, like they were actually going on a skiing holiday.

wow nice catch man

Now this one really bugged me when I was watching it. It's from 10x07 when they're tallying up the points from the BL challenge. When they were tallying the handbrake test, you can see that Jeremy actually wrote in his slot when he was talking about James and vis versa. You can actually see a little smudge that shouldn't have been there when he was writing James's points in. Kinda bad editing.

Sorry I can't get any screenshots though my computer doesn't seem to like printscreen.

wow nice catch man

Now this one really bugged me when I was watching it. It's from 10x07 when they're tallying up the points from the BL challenge. When they were tallying the handbrake test, you can see that Jeremy actually wrote in his slot when he was talking about James and vis versa. You can actually see a little smudge that shouldn't have been there when he was writing James's points in. Kinda bad editing.

Sorry I can't get any screenshots though my computer doesn't seem to like printscreen.
I've also noticed that!
He first writes a 0 somewhere, in the next shot the 0 is in another 'box' (is that what you call a space between 2 lines on a whiteboard?)

wow nice catch man

Nice catch, here are the screenies for the above.

JC: "And now for the handbrake test"
Hammond: "I didn't do that"
James: "I did"
2.png

JC: "Yes you did, that's 100 points to you... and uh I did it as well"
1.png

It's weird, because when they show him writing 100 points for James, he's actually writing in his own slot, but he's already written a score for James (who's on the bottom). Then afterwards they seem to pan out and the score for Jezza magically disappears :p

I found one: In the race to London Airport, they show Richard and Jeremy coming 1st and second but later mention that James had actually come in first and was waiting there for quite a while. Jeremy recalls that he blew up as well so the fact that he still lives and the fact that James was shown as coming last means it was bad editing... wait what... :p

^Btw yes that was a joke for anyone that didn't realize it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.