Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

I recently moved to a new job where I am
* managing desktop support
* senior systems admin
* architecting a combined IT system between three companies
* dealing with all the contractors/suppliers etc for these services
two days after I started the IT manager was made redundant (but really he was fired) so I'm basically doing the job I was hired for, AND his job.
I'm making low 6 figures, which is nice, and I buy a lot of toys, but needless to say I'm busy as hell with work.

I'd love a job like that.

I'd love a job like that.
all it takes is hard work, a bit of natural aptitude, a positive attitude, confidence, and setting your goals high
my previous job was with a pharmaceutical company, which I hated, because I did basically nothing all day, even though I earned only slightly less than what i do now.

FUCKING YES!!! I just won a poker tournament :D

Started off with 4000, then lost 3000 on the first two hands with pocket Queens, and then just grinded my way back until the final hand where I had QH 5H, pushed all in and got called by KH 3H. Flop was 3C 5S 7D, turn was a 9D and river was a AC. I win with the 5 :cool:

Very happy :p

I have just received a letter that I passed Certificate of Advanced English exam. :cool:

^^^ I am sure there is no age restriction. There must be different rules in your country.

Are there any online practice tests for this exam? I'd be interested in how I do :D

Yeah, you have to be 17 to qualify for the exam for the Cambridge certificate.

It really sucks, there are people who pass CPE at the age of 14.

phuckingduck said:
Are there any online practice tests for this exam? I'd be interested in how I do [User Posted Image]

I heard that even native speakers might have some problems with it.

There are many sample tests online.
http://www.english-online.org.uk/exam.htm

If you want more of this, just type CAE or CPE in google.

I just got my first round of results back for my course.
I got three 1st class passes and one 2:1 pass. One of my passes was classed as "Truly Exceptional":-o
I am just so incredibly over the moon right now. :banana:

I took a few days off work this week, but went in today to find that most of my work wasn't taken care of while I was gone.

So I was busy. But around 4:30pm my boss called me in the office and gave me a promotion and a 16% raise. :D

I took a few days off work this week, but went in today to find that most of my work wasn't taken care of while I was gone.

So I was busy. But around 4:30pm my boss called me in the office and gave me a promotion and a 16% raise. :D
Wow, nice! Grats to you!!

Reactions: TC
This is gonna seem crappy compared to everyone elses achievements but i got 8A*s and 2As at gcse and got 4 As at AS level

I passed my EIT exam (Engineer in Training). Its an 8 hour test that it is required before you can take the PE exam (Professional Engineer). I will be graduating in one year with a BS in Civil Engineering.

I just drank 3 RedBulls. Its 11:23 and I've got an essay to write, due in exactly 23 hours, 37 minutes.

Started my new job today with Budget (tires, brakes, MOT's) Only 1 day a week and its only for 15 weeks but it looks good.