The "New Toys" Thread

Just ordered the main guts of my new computer (Apart from another hard drive which I'm not sure atm I can afford)
Motherboard:
GIGABYTE GA-EX38-DS4 ATX Intel Motherboard
Gigabyte%20GA-X38-DS4.jpg

RAM:
Patriot Viper 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
patriot%20Viper%20Fin%2001.jpg

HDD:
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
Don't think I need an image for this one
PSU:
PC Power & Cooling S610EPS 610W Continuous @ 40?C Power Supply
Can't find an image for this one that's large enough

Total price: $570.60

I already have the case, and the last things I'll need are an E8400 or an E3110(The Xenon version of the E8400) whenever they come in stock on Newegg, and the graphics card, which should be one of the midrange 9800GTs (When the come out)

whats the point of buying the parts then?? im sure the prices will drop or you might get a special deal during the course of waiting for E8 series to have some stock.

whats the point of buying the parts then?? im sure the prices will drop or you might get a special deal during the course of waiting for E8 series to have some stock.

Not really true; Newegg is supposted to get a shipment of E8400s on Friday, and for that part set it was actually about $25 cheaper to order it today than yesterday, due to the fact that Newegg loves to hand out free shipping and $5 instant rebates on Sundays.

The 2600Pro was a bit more expensive and I've read that it wasn't really faster than the X1650, but it support DX10, which I don't need because I don't want Vista :-D

I already have the case, and the last things I'll need are an E8400 or an E3110(The Xenon version of the E8400) whenever they come in stock on Newegg, and the graphics card, which should be one of the midrange 9800GTs (When the come out)

Damn, $$$$.

Last edited:
p_triportie_m_b.jpg

http://www.bose.ca/controller?event=VIEW_STATIC_PAGE_EVENT&url=/home_entertainment/headphones_headsets/headphones/triport_ie/index.jsp

Decided it was finally time to get a new pair after using the old game boy (1989) headphones with everything from the walkman, then the cd player, and now ipod.

If you squint, you can kind of see what the old game boy phones looked like here:
gameboy.jpg
:mrgreen:

I suppose it's a bit of a step up.

congrats, some high quality ear piece you got there.

Can't go wrong with BOSE, definetely one of the best out there when it comes to audio product.

p.s : after seeing viper got his 22" LCD delivered without any dead pixels. I just ordered my 22" LCD from newegg as well : p Fingers crossed for my delivery on wednesday

Last edited:
^ We've had many B&O products and none of them sound as good as anything Bose we ever owned.

How exactly do you identify dead pixels? Just by looking at it? I bought an LCD TV the other day, but it's huge so I'm not sure how I'd find any possible dead pixels.

^ We've had many B&O products and none of them sound as good as anything Bose we ever owned.

How exactly do you identify dead pixels? Just by looking at it? I bought an LCD TV the other day, but it's huge so I'm not sure how I'd find any possible dead pixels.

Easiest way to find dead pixels I know of is to put a bright solid color over the entire screen and looks for a pixel that isn't right. Then do it with a few other colors.

congrats, some high quality ear piece you got there.

Can't go wrong with BOSE, definetely one of the best out there when it comes to audio product.

p.s : after seeing viper got his 22" LCD delivered without any dead pixels. I just ordered my 22" LCD from newegg as well : p Fingers crossed for my delivery on wednesday

24"! (My sister got a 22" :p) And good luck! :D

No offense, but you must not be very familiar with audio community. :wall:

Really?? My mate has been a loyal Bose customer for yonks, and of all those BOSE headphones he owned, the ones that I got to try all turned out pretty well.

I was under the impression that BOSE was selling some quality stuff :|

And I'm not that big into audio equipments, only headphones I've ever owned are a pair of Sennheisers and a Technics headphone, both worked flawlessly. Will definetely consider getting more stuff from Sennheiser in the future.

24"! (My sister got a 22" :p) And good luck! :D

Thanks, 24" is a bit out of my price range. Might consider a 24" when I get a PS3, but first I need to save up some money.

Last edited:
Thanks, 24" is a bit out of my price range. Might consider a 24" when I get a PS3, but first I need to save up some money.

No, I meant I got a 24". :p

And yeah, an extra $120 for just 2" of screen is a ton, but I really wanted to be able to do true 1080p, so...

...I bought an LCD TV the other day...

Here's what I bought. I was planning on an LCD but I bought this specific model kind of on a whim and I don't have a true HD source yet to be able to say how good the quality is, but so far so good.

LC42D64U_lg.jpg

It's a Sharp Aquos D64 42 inch. By the way, I found out the stupid provincial government charges $30 in advance for recycling. :rolleyes:

And yeah, an extra $120 for just 2" of screen is a ton, but I really wanted to be able to do true 1080p, so...

LIES, you just wanted something better than your sister :p

Here's what I bought. I was planning on an LCD but I bought this specific model kind of on a whim and I don't have a true HD source yet to be able to say how good the quality is, but so far so good.

LC42D64U_lg.jpg

It's a Sharp Aquos D64 42 inch. By the way, I found out the stupid provincial government charges $30 in advance for recycling. :rolleyes:

What a beauty. And, $30?? Aha, another thing to look forward to. Store/Cost?

I got it from Future Shop during one of their perpetual sales, $200 off at $1599.

Yeah I know : p

Its definetely worth the money since you are after HD gaming with the PS3. I will just have to wait : p

Btw.. I ordered these :

35-103-022-02.jpg

11-119-152-04.jpg

11-119-152-06.jpg

11-119-152-03.jpg

Gonna do a proper thread once i receive all the goodies from newegg : )

Just doing some birthday celebration for myself there.