First look: 2009 Chevrolet Camaro prototype

At the 'Ring:

:woot:
camaro.ringarrival2.kgp.ed.jpg

autoblog

This bodes will foe the Camaro.

God dammit Ford keep up.

Good job GM, developing it properly. This does indeed bode well for the Camaro.

I'm gonna be honest, out of the new Camaro, Challenger, and alleged Mustang, I was always a Challenger man. But after seeing that picture above, I have completely gone to the Camaro side.

You do know it doesn't have leaf springs right?

I just sort of assume it had them, along with the engines and gearboxes from a truck, it is American anyway. People won't notice or care about it. There are no bends in America, so it doesn't matter.

Yes. I know it hasn't got leaf springs. You fail at the funny. :p

I just sort of assume it had them, along with the engines and gearboxes from a truck, it is American anyway. People won't notice or care about it. There are no bends in America, so it doesn't matter.

American car designed in Australia built in Canada :p

The Zeta platform (which the new Camaro rides on) has struts upfront and a 4 link IRS out back. So there's no leaf springs or live rear axles to be had.

American car designed in Australia built in Canada :p

American heart (SBC), Australian ruggedness, and Canadian craftsmanship all in one package. It's like a kangaroo hamburger covered in maple syrup, epic.

For every sarcastic quip like that,
there are 10 on youtube just like it, but serious.

American heart (SBC), Australian ruggedness, and Canadian craftsmanship all in one package. It's like a kangaroo hamburger covered in maple syrup, epic.

That sounds spectacularly disgusting.

:lol: How odd is it to see one of our plates at the 'ring though?

Yeah, see we're "The place to be". Ugh.

It's about the only thing I can think of that Steve Bracks actually did, he was litterally 10 years of whitenoise.

It's like a kangaroo hamburger covered in maple syrup, epic.
:lmao: I'll take 3!

The canadians crafted my 4th gen too, and its made of plastic and prayers.
I don't think it's fair to single out Canada on that one. Pretty much everything GM built in '95 was made of plastic and prayers.

At the 'Ring:

:woot:
camaro.ringarrival2.kgp.ed.jpg

Yeah! The place to be developing the Camaro!

Bizzare seeing our plates over there.

Bit like when Wheels took the HDT Calais to the Arc de Triomphe with its "Garden State" plates still on :lol: