[13x01] June 21st, 2009

[13x01] June 21st, 2009

• Total voters
Throughout the episode Jeremy reminded me of a traffic cone. I hope it doesn't become the new running gag...
Or maybe one comes dressed as a traffic light in the next episode?

Cheers

ROFLMAO :lol:

Throughout the episode Jeremy reminded me of a traffic cone. I hope it doesn't become the new running gag...
Or maybe one comes dressed as a traffic light in the next episode?

Cheers

And did you note the collar?

I think he may be taking fashion advice from this man:

http://ericglennie.com/

5/10

I thought it was a pretty lame episode. The race was boring and unfunny. They really should have had the guys stick together. When they separate, it's not as funny. Plus, it's so much better when they have to buy their own cars and they have challenges rather than just a race.

The whole Schumacher/Stig thing was just annoying. Everyone knows about the Stig so they should just leave it. Let him be the anonymous cyborg driver who gets a fun part every now and then.

The FXX was a great lap, but other than that, I didn't find much joy in this episode. :(

Is it me or am I the only one not having a issue with the FXX. Its basically an Enzo and makes the 'sleeping policeman' rule on top gear.

The Enzo has the ability to raise itself up at the touch of a button to clear obstacles such as speed bumps. I'm pretty certain that when altering the Enzo to create a solely track focussed variant they would remove such a pointless and possible weighty feature. Does anyone know for sure ?

Edit : Just read that the EDO conversions for road use features the reinstallation of the Enzo ride height adjustment, so a standard FXX would NOT clear a speed bump.

Last edited:
The Enzo has the ability to raise itself up at the touch of a button to clear obstacles such as speed bumps. I'm pretty certain that when altering the Enzo to create a solely track focussed variant they would remove such a pointless and possible weighty feature. Does anyone know for sure ?

Edit : Just read that the EDO conversions for road use features the reinstallation of the Enzo ride height adjustment, so a standard FXX would NOT clear a speed bump.

According to Ferrari it's a track only car.

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Scuderia/Corse_Clienti/FXX_Programme/Pages/FXX.aspx

Pity that for whatever reasons they couldn't get Schumacher to do a lap in the Liana. Equally, I'd love to see how fast the Stig did a lap in the FXX.

The Stig did do a lap in the FXX, the Stig is a fictional character... how many more times...

With the FFX toped the lapboard, now all we need is the Zonda R :)

With the FFX toped the lapboard, now all we need is the Zonda R :)
I don't think that'll be quite as fast. Anyway, fantastic episode, The race was a bit mediocre but the fxx and schumi part was awesome.

And to those saying that Schumacher is the greatest living F1 driver... Conjecture. Not to mention bollocks. Mika kicked his ass, then F1 suffered a huge void when it came to talent and he dominated. The instant Alonso starts dominating and it's clear the Ferrari isn't a dog of a car, "Oh yes, I'm retiring"...

Mika Kicked his arse by winning two LESS world titles and only winning 20 races compared to Schumachers 53 between 1991-2001 (duration of Hakkinens career) ? This is with Schumacher missing half a season in 1999. LOL you're wrong.

This season is supposed to have less budget hungry adventures, as BBC cut TGs budget. Well, if the season preview is anything to go by then I say, "Cut the budget some more!". Seems like some really great films in the future of this season.

What did they usually do with the extra budget? My guess they went into the following things
* Richard's teeth whitener
* Jezza's haircuts
* May's riveting shirts

Thanks for the reminder. Is there anywhere these can be downloaded?
Hi, for watching those extras go to the Top Gear webiste, if you are outside of the UK then you wont be able to see it without a workaround, the javascript bookmark is available in the forums, somewhere, search for it.

10/10 I laughed a lot.

Things I liked:

Jeremy shoveling coal. And I must say he did a good job for a man that hates manual labor.

James having road rage. Esp when he was stuck in the petrol station. ROFL

Clarkson's face. Too funny.

Clarkson throwing the sandwich out the window.

Outstandingly beautiful filming.

James being concerned over Jeremy on the floor and offering him a beer to revive him.

Jeremy saying that unlike James May, he would only run on television.

Michael winking when he takes the helmet off.

I thought Jeremy did a really good job with the interview.

James saying he would have shot himself years ago if only he had a pistol instead of a shotgun.

The commentary when Michael did a lap in the RPC. Esp when he hit the camera.

Things I didn't like:

Can't think of anything.

I think the producer should agree by now that the Schumacher thing was poorly done. And I completely blame it on you Andy.

As you can see, a ridiculous amount of people didn't get the ending when Schumacher tried to go around the track but couldn't because he wasn't really the Stig and has never been around the track. And the joke was that he was pretending to be the Stig because he wishes he was.. but no one got it.

It was like Top Gear was trying to tell a joke but got it all wrong. Now people actually think the Stig is Schumacher <_<

Question: what happened to the Audi R8 v10 review? in the series preview in the first episode there is a glimpse of an Audi R8 v10 and a corvette ZR1 right after richard says "they're hot for james may right now". i would like to know what happened to that review ...

Last edited:
It'll probably be in the next series, just like the airport vehicle racing. Or it could go the way of the armoured cars thing and won't make it to air at all (the armoured car thing was seen, as I recall, in the previews for both Series 6 and 7). But I'm leaning toward it being held over for S14.

This isn't the first time TG has held stuff over, and it won't be the last.