[19x02] April 8th, 2011

[19x02] April 8th, 2011

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Cool Ice, Nice Aston, Awesome BMW, epic road.

Have they sacked Ben Collins already ?

Quite enjoyed both these latest episodes.

Jonny's OK at the stuff he does best - mainly the weirder items - though he can be a bit boring on anything else. I guess I wasn't a big Tom fan - his snappy comments and opinions weren't matched by his appearance. Hard to choose between them - maybe they should alternate ;) Don't miss Ben.

maybe they just offered the job to Ben to show how stupid he really was, when he decided to take off the white suit and tried to become a real presenter. He did not made a big impression anyway. And he also failed on almost any challenge they had given to him. So i feel they were just fooling him, instead of offering him a job on fifth gear.
Maybe it was even Jeremy's idea to take revenge... but that's just a guess.

Oh ya, Ben Collins. I haven't missed him for even a second. Actually, I forgot all about him.

This was another great episode and the previews for next week look good to. I can't complain about anything. 9/10

I'm not a Fifth Gear fan, but this episode was brilliant: The M3 GTS looks fantastic, the Virage is an Aston (all said with that). I like a lot Citro?n's DS3 and that rollercoaster-like road was stunning. Solid 9/10...

I'm really getting into Fifth Gear, much preferring it to Top Gear lately.

I started watching Top Gear for the well presented, interesting and informative pieces about new cars.
Now I get that from Fifth Gear.

Personally, my continual problem with Fifth Gear is that I absolutely can not stand Tiff. He's half-laughing during every single thing he says. His speaking is so unbelievably annoying that I literally can't watch any segment that has him in it because I just want to punch my screen. The way he speaks hahahah drives heheheh me hahahahah absolutely hahaha crazy hehehehe. Can he not just talk like a normal person without all his flamboyance and goofy sorta half-laughing voice?! It's like he puts on this unbelievably fake voice and fake mannerisms whenever he talks. Also his legs seem to move around when he talks like he's got them hooked up to some sort of electric shock device. Absolutely. Drives. Me. Nuts.

I liked the Citroen bit, wish they sold it in the US. Looks like a very friendly car for San Francisco, specially in black and orange (Go Giants!)
Rest of the episode I always feel there is something missing, i think is that when TopGear creates magic everything else seems like it's missing that extra thing, however I'm glad there is at least a car show on the air.

I liked the Citroen bit, wish they sold it in the US. Looks like a very friendly car for San Francisco, specially in black and orange (Go Giants!)

The reason I bought a Fit was that I once had a Pontiac Vibe as a rental on a business trip to SF. The agility and ability to cope with the terrain sold me on having that type of body style. The DS3 would be perfect for SF, and it definitely has the go, even in normal configuration, to handle flatter cities with no trouble. I can see myself in one in Chicago, but it would have to be black and white (Go Sox!). Count me in the group that wished we had it in the US.

And speaking of the DS3 review, Jonny was actually tolerable. I don't like him, but I acknowledge that he's the best at doing reviews of cheap cars. He was in his comfort zone, and it showed. Nice work matching reviewer to car to location.

Tiff has always been this way. Look at some of the Old Top Gear stuff that's floating around. It's just that he's gone from flamboyant to auditioning for a role in La Cage Aux Folles.

I started watching Top Gear for the well presented, interesting and informative pieces about new cars.
Now I get that from Fifth Gear.

This show had a BMW that is outta this world expensive and irrlevant to general consumers, sam goes for the Aston and the DS3 is very limited, so kinda the same thing. How is this different from cars that are shown on TG, apart from different style?

The fact they actually review them, as opposed to powerslide powerslide powerslide.

FG: Steering is nice, car handles well OR steering numb, doesn't handle well COMPETITION LOLOLOLO
TG: Steering is nice, car handles well (nice filming, some lovely tyre smoke and a powerslide) steering numb, doesn't handle well (still smoke). No competition, go to new segment.

Really..

Tiff has always been this way. Look at some of the Old Top Gear stuff that's floating around. It's just that he's gone from flamboyant to auditioning for a role in La Cage Aux Folles.

Yep, it's like he's auditioning to be a River Dancer. Or they only start filming right before he's really, really gotta go to the bathroom. Kinda looks like he's doing a pee-pee dance. I can not stand Tiff.

FG: Steering is nice, car handles well OR steering numb, doesn't handle well COMPETITION LOLOLOLO
TG: Steering is nice, car handles well (nice filming, some lovely tyre smoke and a powerslide) steering numb, doesn't handle well (still smoke). No competition, go to new segment.

Really..

Look, I gave my opinion about it, what is your problem?

Good ep. Both TG and FG has really went separate direction now, FG is definitely getting more serious about their reviews, and that's fine. The DS3 review was really good.