Random Thoughts....

And how is IMAX overrated? What's wrong with a screen the size of a (smaller) apartment block? Eh?

Too big a screen. You find yourself always having to move your head around. Seriously, I never got the "bigger screen" fever. That's why the biggest size I'd ever want is just big enough so all the action is in my field of vision.

Too big a screen. You find yourself always having to move your head around. Seriously, I never got the "bigger screen" fever. That's why the biggest size I'd ever want is just big enough so all the action is in my field of vision.

it probably depends on the content. with a movie, your viewing is pretty much centered on whats going on. if it was something else like a bunch of panorama's of natural scenery then it'll probably work better since then it'd be more immersive.
the problem i'd have with seeing a film like Star Trek at imax would be difficult to take everything in, the space scenes would be great but otherwise your vision would be everywhere trying to take everything in and keep up with the screen.

I'm going to dress up as Dr. McNinja for Halloween. Nothing can go wrong with this.

DrMcNinja01.jpg

we've already ascertained that Adelaide sucks though :p

I actually agree with you on that :p

Ever look at persons username and form in your mind how it pronounced, then hear or see it differently, it will make you rethink of everything?

Brydiem. For who knows how long I looked at it as bry-diem, then I clicked on her facebook link and saw that it is her name, Brydie M. Changed EVERYTHING!!

:unsure:

to me, you'll always remain bry-diem

What he said

I hate being up early for exams. I just naturally wake up early beause I have this big paranoia about getting to the exam venue on time.

Flight vehicle propulsion paper here I come!

I miss Opryland. The mall totally ruined it. Just sayin'.

That mall is hell, and I'm a girl! I can only stomach it on weekdays while everyone else is at work/school and then you still waste half the day trudging around the gigantic circle because there's no center cut-through anymore. Last time I was there visiting friends, they had put a freaking AQUARIUM in there. IN the mall! That's crazy! The hotel is still pretty though.

That mall is hell, and I'm a girl! I can only stomach it on weekdays while everyone else is at work/school and then you still waste half the day trudging around the gigantic circle because there's no center cut-through anymore. Last time I was there visiting friends, they had put a freaking AQUARIUM in there. IN the mall! That's crazy! The hotel is still pretty though.

Yeah, I've only ever seen 2 or 3 people in the Aquarium. It's a horrible place that anyone old enough to remember Opryland hates. Besides, now I've got to drive 3 hours to go ride rollercoasters, whether it be to Dollywood or Kentucky Kingdom. :mad:

Only feature I have seen on an IMAX screen was a 45 minute movie about helicopters at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago. Best part was a camera that was strapped to the front of a Blackhawk flying low over the Everglades, going over trees and making steep banking turns. Felt like I was flying.

^ Now that sounds entertaining. Shame that I have only been to the IMAX thrice, despite living so close and so easily accessible to London.

Random thought: I find it astonishing how many weird noises a baby can make whilst not moving its face (these do not include farts).

My first/favorite IMAX experience was also in Chicago... my sister is 2 years older than me and I went with her girl scout troop on a trip to Chicago (my mother was the leader) in ehh ~1995. We were at the Shedd Aquarium and we decided to watch an IMAX movie about sharks. The movie was fairly intense and half the ~14 year old girls left the theater while the other half just screamed the whole time, I have never laughed that much since then.:rofl:

Reactions: Jay
^wow, me too. :mrgreen:
Actually, that may not be a bad idea: dressing as an alcoholic bum. It's not like you wouldn't be one at the end of the night.
Unfortunately, I already sorted out this year's costume.

I don't do anything for Halloween, haven't since I was 10. I just don't care.

Oh, pardon me. I suppose I should fulfill my religious stereotype: Uh, I am not doing anything for halloween, except praying for your heathen souls.

Speaking of IMAX,

I was in Futuroscope, in France. A theme park devoted to the art of cinema.

One of their features is a cinema with a huge screen in front of you, and a glass floor, with another screen underneath. So as soon as you looked down...

They had filmed a special film, I think about the forests or helicopters or a butterfly or something. A bit arty, but the experience alone was fantastic.

My first/favorite IMAX experience was also in Chicago... my sister is 2 years older than me and I went with her girl scout troop on a trip to Chicago (my mother was the leader) in ehh ~1995. We were at the Shedd Aquarium and we decided to watch an IMAX movie about sharks. The movie was fairly intense and half the ~14 year old girls left the theater while the other half just screamed the whole time, I have never laughed that much since then.:rofl:

:roflmao:

In 2005 when the ole family took a road trip down to Texas (no points for guessing what route we took from Canada-Kansas City :p) we saw a film on tornadoes on the IMAX Dome in the Oklahoma Science Museum and one of the decimated towns was where we spent the previous night. We also drove through a storm that spawned several tornadoes, but we didn't see any. Gotta love the tornado belt.

I'm gonna have a blast.
/sarcasm
Going to go to the visit the graveyard where my paternal grandparents and brother are buried and light a candles to commemorate all near and dear ones who has passed away.
And hopefully I'll get some good pictures as that graveyard is so serene most of the year but almost magical on all saints.

Speaking of IMAX,

I was in Futuroscope, in France. A theme park devoted to the art of cinema.

One of their features is a cinema with a huge screen in front of you, and a glass floor, with another screen underneath. So as soon as you looked down...

They had filmed a special film, I think about the forests or helicopters or a butterfly or something. A bit arty, but the experience alone was fantastic.
Holy crap...a film theme park?!

DO WANT.

Nothing more creepy than turning around to find your head of department stnding 30cm behind you staring at your screen...

Nothing more creepy than turning around to find your head of department stnding 30cm behind you staring at your screen...

Something we do at work, to annoy each other: Get as near as you can to a person, your nose as close as you can to the nape of their neck. The breathe in as loudly and as fast as you can.