2008 Canadian Formula 1 Grand Prix

I hear the race was crazy, I was a bit busy today and hope it gets reshown on TV here in the states. What a difference a year makes for Kubica, last year he wrecks horribly in one of the worst you'll ever see and this year he pulls out a win. Great Job and what a story!!!!! :yes:

You've got to be kidding me. You did not just suggest that losing it in one of the heaviest braking areas on the calendar on a wet day is even remotely comparable to slamming into the back of a stationary car waiting for the light to turn green at the end of the pit lane... did you?

Obviously Hamilton's mistake was incredibly stupid, but the result was the same. They both fucked up entirely by themselves and caused someone else to have to retire.

and LOL @ massa's "amazing" pass.

ruebens let him by and Kovalainen took the corner wide and lost traction. my dog could have made that pass...blindfolded...while getting neutered

but yeah, it's good to see bmw-sauber get a 1-2 finish... any race where there isnt a ferrari on the podium, is a good one.

and LOL @ massa's "amazing" pass.

ruebens let him by and Kovalainen took the corner wide and lost traction. my dog could have made that pass...blindfolded...while getting neutered
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z7ea7jsB1xU[/youtube]
You may want to take another look. ;) That was an excellent pass, as far as I'm concerned.

Well...until you've all got your race licenses and had some experience in dealing with pit lane signals in the middle of a race, I'd like to know how you feel qualified to comment on how 'easy' it is to see a red light and how 'easy' it is to stop your car when you're not expecting the two vehicles in front of you that are two abreast (something that really shouldn't happen in the pit lane) stop when you're not expecting it.

As for 'who the F wrecks on a pit road' well....lots of people....hence why there's a speed limit! I'd personally ask, who the F comes up with stupid pit rules like not being able to pit when the saftey car comes out.

In my opinion there is no difference between this and Kimis accident. Both involved them not paying attention to what was happening in front of them. Raikonen got distracted by Sutil and hence lost his ability to drive and smashed into him. Hamilton was distracted by two people driving along side each other in the pits and hence then proceeded to drive into the back of them. His penalty is perfectly correct.....why did Raikonen not get one though?

You may want to take another look. ;) That was an excellent pass, as far as I'm concerned.

Good efforts from Massa on taking advantage of the situation, but he lucked into it. Massa did nothing in the build up to that to initiate a two place gain.

i saw it just fine on my 42 inch LCD in HD...

so i'll pass on the shitty youtube version

and points for honda!! :thumbup:

Last edited:
After his arrogant comments I bet he'll crash out in the first lap. In fact I actually did bet on it, in a way. Since I bet on Kubica winning.

Good bet :D

Havent actually read many of the previous comments yet, so I'll dive in here blind...

Great job by Kubica and a very well deserved victory. I'm well pleased for him and for BMW. I was afraid Heidfeld might've accidently found himself in an undeserving winning position for some time there, but fortunately Kubica is a much better driver than Nick and was able to get back on terms. Good stuff.

Hamilton, you fucking moron. Nothing else needs to be said.

Hrmm...what else, well done to Crazy Dave on 3rd, great recovery drive by Massa for 5th and a good result for the Toyotas.

It was a bit of a lottery, but Canada generally is. I can't really understand why a safety car was needed for the Sutil incident, a decision made all the more bemusing by it's absence for the Fisichella incident.

Business as usual in France I suspect, a circuit that will heavily favour Ferrari. I might even go down to the TAB myself and put a bet on Massa for the drivers championship. His drive today was the sort of drive that wins world championships. Obviously Kubica takes my driver of the day award.

Last edited:
when i would go to the non-HD fox channel. the picture was even worse.

i assumed it was just low quality HD or just SD upconverted...

Last edited:
oh and when the announcers were talking about the track "breaking up" down in that hairpin...what did they mean? actual cracks in the tarmac?

or just losing the amount of grip on the surface...cause it looked like alot of people were losing traction coming out of the corner.

Last edited:
oh and when the announcers were talking about the track "braking up" down in that hairpin...what did they mean? actual cracks in the tarmac?

or just losing the amount of grip on the surface...cause it looked like alot of people were losing traction coming out of the corner.

Couldn't you see for yourself in HD on your 42inch lcd?

Well...until you've all got your race licenses and had some experience in dealing with pit lane signals in the middle of a race, I'd like to know how you feel qualified to comment on how 'easy' it is to see a red light and how 'easy' it is to stop your car when you're not expecting the two vehicles in front of you that are two abreast (something that really shouldn't happen in the pit lane) stop when you're not expecting it.

Millions of people all around the world negotiate traffic lights while driving every day, it's just not that hard.

In my opinion there is no difference between this and Kimis accident. Both involved them not paying attention to what was happening in front of them. Raikonen got distracted by Sutil and hence lost his ability to drive and smashed into him. Hamilton was distracted by two people driving along side each other in the pits and hence then proceeded to drive into the back of them. His penalty is perfectly correct.....why did Raikonen not get one though?

The difference is that when you are on the track under full racing conditions you are expected to be driving the car on it's limit. It is acceptable when driving on the limit that things can go wrong. When in the pitlane you should not be driving in a manner that leaves no margin for error. The pitlane is full of other cars and pitcrew and should be negotiated carefully. Crashing in the pitlane is like crashing under the saftey car, not really excusable.

You've got to be kidding me. You did not just suggest that losing it in one of the heaviest braking areas on the calendar on a wet day is even remotely comparable to slamming into the back of a stationary car waiting for the light to turn green at the end of the pit lane... did you?
I'd rep ya, but it's worthless.

golden boy fucked up this time, fair and square. FIA did the right thing and gave him& Rosberg the 10 place penalty drop.

Now, French GP Please :) I would love to see Kimi take the lead back at magny-cours.

Brilliant, and well deserved result for BMW & Kubica - very happy to see that.

And I can't say I'm surprised by some of the comments about Hamilton - yes it was very clumsy, and he seems to be taking the blame for it and has copped a penalty. And everyone should remember, Rosberg did exactly the same thing and copped the same penalty, so I'm just to going to go right ahead and presume you feel the same about Rosberg as you do about Hamilton...

But, let's not forget the most important thing now - we have ourselves one hell of a Drivers' Championship.

Last edited:

And I can't say I'm surprised by some of the comments about Hamilton - yes it was very clumsy, and he seems to be taking the blame for it and has copped a penalty. And everyone should remember, Rosberg did exactly the same thing and copped the same penalty, so I'm just to going to go right ahead and presume you feel the same about Rosberg as you do about Hamilton...

But, let's not forget the most important thing now - we have ourselves one hell of a Drivers' Championship.

This is why i am starting to really dislike Hamilton.

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_3666218,00.html

Asked whether it had been a "consolation" that Hamilton's race-ending mistake also proved terminal for his closest rival in the World Championship, the Englishman replied: "Not really. I'd rather it not happened. I was breezing it - it was going to be an easy victory."

I wonder if it was going to be easy for him before or after Kimi and Robert passed him ? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Yes, both Rosberg and goldenboy deserved the 10 place drop penalty.

Kimi & Kubica both noticed the light and stopped in time, there shouldn't be any excuse for goldenboy & rosberg.

I'm just gutted that it's not goldenboy thats at the front, that way, he will jump the red light and get disqualified, allowing Kimi to go on and take the championship lead back with a huge margin.