2009 Monaco Formula 1 Grand Prix

Has he given an interview yet? I know he is obliged to give one, but I haven't seen it happen.

He gave one on the BBC. Basically just admitted it was his fault, said sorry to the team and sulked a bit.

Has he given an interview yet? I know he is obliged to give one, but I haven't seen it happen.

yeah he did.. almost cried too

Just a heads up for UK people. BBC are showing Classic races again this week on the red button. The races are 1961, 1982, 1992 and 1996 as well as a quick preview from Murray Walker.

Murray did a quick piece to camera today prior to qualifying, I almost cried, was so happy to see him. :cool:

Well done Jenson and Kimi, great job! Brawn-Mercedes suits Jenson's style with the fuel on board. Barrichello was again a bit stumped by that. Kimi did quite a lot of laps in Q3, almost on pole! Let's see what tomorrow brings us, I'm hoping nothing bad happens and we get a huge battle!

Happy birthday to Rubens!

Good job Ferrari for climbing back. And way to go for Force India, some possible points tomorrow

Do you think this is it for Piquet?

Congrats to Button and LOVE THAT KIMI IS BACK!

Let's see a Ferrari comeback, GO KIMI!

BTW anyone got a clip of the topless chick in Monaco?

Last edited:
Very good laps from both Button and Kimi, well done. Button seemed to be struggling a bit in Q2, but he's said that he doesn't really like the car on very low fuel.
I would have been curious to see what Hamilton could do, he possibly threw away his biggest chance this season.
RBR not as fast as they were in the previous races, but it was kind of expected after the practice sessions.
I thought Alonso would be a bit higher up.
Both Williams in Q3! Nico was disappointed, I hope he's not too low on fuel...
BMW, Toyota... :?

KIMI !!!

I'm disappointed about Webber's position, but pretty happy for Kimi :D Also I'm very impressed with how Button pulled that last lap out of nowhere...but would it be too much to ask to see someone else win this one? Just for a change? :)

So Button and Rubens were the heaviest of the front runners. Great performance. Very poor for Vettel.

JB - 647.5
KR - 644
RB - 648
SV - 631.5
FM - 643.5
NR - 642
HK - 644
MW - 646.5
FA - 654
KN - 668

Last edited:
01 McLaren Mercedes Lewis Hamilton 645.5*
02 McLaren Mercedes Heikki Kovalainen 644.0
03 Ferrari Felipe Massa 643.5
04 Ferrari Kimi Raikkonen 644.0
05 BMW Sauber Robert Kubica 696.0*
06 BMW Sauber Nick Heidfeld 680.0*
07 Renault Fernando Alonso 654.0
08 Renault Nelson Piquet 673.1*
09 Toyota Jarno Trulli 688.3*
10 Toyota Timo Glock 700.8*
11 STR Ferrari Sebastien Bourdais 699.5*
12 STR Ferrari Sebastien Buemi 670.0*
14 RBR Renault Mark Webber 646.5
15 RBR Renault Sebastian Vettel 631.5
16 Williams Toyota Nico Rosberg 642.0
17 Williams Toyota Kazuki Nakajima 668.0
20 Force India Mercedes Adrian Sutil 670.0*
21 Force India Mercedes Giancarlo Fisichella 693.0*
22 Brawn Mercedes Jenson Button 647.5
23 Brawn Mercedes Rubens Barrichello 648.0

I wonder why they fueled Lewis normally. I'd have supposed they'd go heavy to leapfrog some cars. It's not like he'll be able to make a lot of use of the lighter fuel load...

I wonder why they fueled Lewis normally. I'd have supposed they'd go heavy to leapfrog some cars. It's not like he'll be able to make a lot of use of the lighter fuel load...

He has KERS on board, so he can make use of his fuel load if he keeps using the KERS through the tunnel and getting alongside the car in front before the Chicane. Problem is... his crash destroyed a driveshaft, must have done some damage to the differential and might have also affected the gearbox. :|

Hamilton needs to drive Portier Corner tomorrow perfectly every single time in order to move up the order.

Last edited:
If he gets lucky on the start he could, but if he's stuck behind somebody he's going to have a long day..

Maybe it won't be that bad if there's an SC period in the right time for him.

Any news on Alonso's potential penalty for blocking Trulli?

Button is THE MAN. But come on, let's stir things up a bit and see the Iceman get a win.