2010 Hungarian Grand Prix

Ferrari got their shit together in FP2, but it's kind of nice to see Renault F1 being that fast. I'll like a 1-2 of the scarlet red cars, but with Eyebrow's 2nd.

1) Who will take pole and who will win the race?
RB driver, who knows.

2) Which driver will lead the WDC after Hungary?
Hamilton still, I think.

3) How will it look at the top; domination?
The view is nice.

4) Can Lotus get into Q2? Hockenheim was a near miss.
They should have no problem.

5) Is Chandok coming back?
I wish. He's a nice guy.

6) Further punishment for Ferrari? ( Keep it short, this shan't become a rant thread ).
Probably. But guessing the FIA is like predicting cloud movement on a 100 year scale.[/QUOTE]

I think some Malaysians will be chuffed to bits if they read your post zephy :) "they should have no problem" :D

FIA isn't doing anything further in the Ferrari case. WMSC took over to supposedly do something.

1) Who will take pole and who will win the race?
I think this track will suit Red Bulls.

But I wasn't predicting 1 sec margin over everybody else. Yes, I know we have to wait till quali, although I think that after 3 practice sessions it's clear RBR is so far ahead in Hungary.

And new front wing, rear wing and floor work for Renault.

Anyone got a link to quali? Doesn't matter. They're getting harder and harder to find anyway so I'll just stick to twitter.

Last edited:
My god Vettel's pole lap was absolutely stunning...he was on the ridiculous side of the limits pretty much 100% of the lap. I'm not exactly a fan of his but my word that was insane.

I was really hoping that Webber was going get it. And again, Schumi and Button not going well.

Kobayashi down in 18th? How did that happen?

Last edited:
Pfff. On holiday in Malaysia, so that's why I'm not posting a lot. But those Red Bulls are just crazy. Ron Dennis may not be worried, but I sure am. Ferrari are quick but catchable. Red Bull. Wow. Credit where credit is due, that lap was stunning.

I saw on tv he ran a red light at the pit entry and missed the guys waving him into the technical check. So it's likely he will be punished in some way. Not that I'd want him to anyway, but maybe it's better this way so the blow will not hit him that hard.

I was really hoping that Webber was going get it. And again, Schumi and Button not going well.

Senna blocked him on his last lap. Then, as mentioned, he didn't see the stewards waving him into the inspection bay.

The flexible front wing certainly seems to make a difference at the Hungaroring, since RBR and SFM are on top and both have them.

I don't have a good feeling about this one... Ferraris 3rd and 4th but I think it's gonna be another Silverstone.
As far as the Red Bulls, quick quali time... let's see how their race pace is, I still think they're not that suited to run heavy.
Good quali for the Renaults as well. Will be an interesting few laps and then it'll settle for the normal train to the finish I think

Out of the 107% (1:24.287):
22 #25 Lucas di Grassi Virgin-Cosworth 1:25.118
23 #21 Bruno Senna HRT-Cosworth 1:26.391
24 #20 Sakon Yamamoto HRT-Cosworth 1:26.453

Last edited:
Yam is actually matching his teammate. There is prettymuch nothing between them.

I completely forgot about quali. Was too busy following the rallying in Finland. :wall:

Okaaaaaaay, I didn't expect Reb Bull to dominate that much. :lol: But, WTF happened to the Maccas?... and oh my, Jenson I am dissapoint! :-(
Also, well done Pedro! :cool: (and Petrov, for finally qualifying ahead of Kubica - didn't think I'd ever see that :blink:)

That HRT is really really crap

Kobayashi handed five-place penalty

By Pablo Elizalde Saturday, July 31st 2010, 14:49 GMT
Kamui Kobayashi was handed a five-place grid penalty ahead of the Hungarian Grand Prix for missing a call to go into the FIA garage during qualifying.
The Sauber driver was called in by the FIA stewards to be weighed after the end of Q2, but the Japanese did not see the red light in the pitlane and continued to drive towards his team's garage.
As a consequence, Kobayashi was given a penalty and will have to start the race from 23rd position.
"I obviously went past a red light in the pit lane and missed going to the FIA scales. I just didn't see it," he said.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85744
That's retarded!

Is there any chance of rain? At all? :p

It's going to be a loooong race. Hoping Alonso jumps Vettel at the start which I think he has a good chance of doing. Hamilton might get ahead of Massa which would be good. Hoping Webber can stay in the mix as well.

Well knowing Vettel he'll spend so much time trying to put the guy alongside him off the track he'll just lose time himself and drop back. Here's hoping.