24 Discussion

yeh, of course they have. But the idea behind it was what set it apart from other shows when it began. whether they cheat it or not, whenever you explain the concept of 24 to someone one of the first things you say is that each season is 24 hours set over the course of one day.

Hmmm...
Not sure what to think of this episode. I liked it, was very powerful but at the same time, I'm pissed that the ending was fucked, I expected Cole to go in shooting like a madman but no, "The president's on the phone." Also kinda pissed Chloe had the last words. Sure, she's an integral character but c'mon...it's Jack's show.
Anyway, I'm hoping for a movie 'cause I'm gonna miss the action and the concept, as far fetched and as warped as it was (5 mins to get an ambulance to a building within the CTU perimeter of the UN? Really?)
I'm gonna miss it :(

The movie will definitely come true in the next couple of years, especially considering season 8 finale. The movie will be about America and Russia hunting down Jack.

Finally Got around to watch the finale (finals pretty much killed me), Wow what an emotional ending.

Also finally got round to watching the end. I think its an ending which suits 24 very well. Emotional, well done, mostly gripping, but kind of predictable. They weren't going to kill or seriously (well more than being stabbed then shot, then blown up inside an ambulance. Then being beaten up, all in about the last half hour :p) injure Jack, but at the same time they weren't going to let him walk away completely unscathed. The second half of this series, when he's been increasingly more on the rampage was building up very well to a very well scripted end to the series and show and a great way for Jack to escape.

I know it's a VERY old thread but as the show is back, might as well bring the 24 thread back.

anyone watch Live Another Day premi?re last night, and if so what were your thoughts?

being a massive 24 fan watched it at 1am-3am on Sky, glad I did, was good old 24 action. Shame that there's only 12 eps but hopefully shouldn't have any dull episodes. No clear message as to if they might do more mini seasons or not, so could be a final season for Jack. Either way just glad to see Bauer back on the screen.

Haven't watched it yet, but I plan to. Seasons 7 and 8 were quite good again, so I actually have some hopes for this...

Man watching this season is weird if you watched both Chuck and Spooks!

I am liking it so far though.

Major latest episode spoilers:

I knew there would be a mole! I KNEW IT! Classic 24 :D Didn't see it being Navarro though, I was thinking it was either the analyst guy with the crush on Sarah Kate, or maybe Boudreau

Major latest episode spoilers:

I knew there would be a mole! I KNEW IT! Classic 24 :D Didn't see it being Navarro though, I was thinking it was either the analyst guy with the crush on Sarah Kate, or maybe Boudreau

Well it wouldn't be 24 without a spoiler. Interesting though that they've now added another bad person in (on the phone), wonder if they will link in with the drone strikes or something different. There needs to be the big bad guy starting to come forward, we're now half way through the season, hope things continue to ramp up more.

It really feels a bit weird.
I don't really like Lady Stark, erm, Margot seeking revenge on her husband by killing the king of the Western world, erm, the US President, she's a bit too much on the clich?-crazy side. And her daughter, who sadly is not portrayed by Sophie Turner, has really disturbing eyes. :D
Also, Agent Hannah McKay should have broken shoulders by now. OUCH.
On the plus side, actor-selection wise: Stephen Fry! That man should be British Prime Minister in real life anyway.

Story-wise, well, it's 24. We get what we expect. ;)

so frustrated, last night and tonight they're filming in Southampton, not 40mins drive away. would love to go watch but one BBC there was this

In a joint statement with ABP Southampton, it said: "Unsurprisingly, there has been a lot of interest from members of the public and fans of the show, interested in coming to the terminal to witness the filming."

However, it added the port was "a secure and private estate" with no access to the general public.

"In accordance with the port harbour authority, an exclusion zone operates around all ships that berth at the port including ships at the container terminal," it said.

It added patrols were in place to monitor the exclusion zone.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-27689390

would love to go see them filming, always missed it anytime i've been in london