Game: Assetto Corsa

I will probably no real life at all for the whole weekend

Holy shit, download finished. Pretty much my reaction right now

Last edited:

Well if youre a netcode expert you know you got a job waiting at Kunos...

Honestly, considering it's an alpha, it's not that bad. But I try to judge that from driving on a private dedicated server with friends.

Don't judge it from a public server in hungary with people from argentina, south africa and malaysia on it ...

It's an amusing video, no need to get all upset about it...

Geez.

*cough* subtle advertisment *cough*

Sunday I started a website with a couple of buddies of mine. If you played rFactor, you probably used rfactorcentral.com for most of your mods.
Now since Assetto Corsa seems to becoming a huge competetor we decided it needs a good mod/skins/track website aswell.

And this is it.

- assettodb.com

Feel free to submit your own content, for all those painter and modder out there.

I hope it's okay for me to post this. We just want to have it all in one place and the chance is there to do it now. This won't work in a couple of years when everyone is releasing their mods.

What wheel are you playing this game with guys?

I'm using a Driving Force GT and while the game is very good and I enjoy it, I must say that steering feel is miles worse than RRE for me, especially for road cars with a lot of lock. Anyone feeling the same way or are all my settings just wrong maybe?

I use a Logitech G25 with the configuration the game comes with, general FFB @ 80%.
Maybe check out the official Assetto Corsa forum, I've seen people discussing there some ffb settings.

Also, check out you don't have Force Feedback Clipping. A friend of mine always had the issue that he didn't feel the car, especially the rear and compared to other sims he always was a couple of seconds slower than the rest of me and my mates. Now as he turned the ffb down he feels the car way more. Simple things can make huge differences :)

I use a Logitech G25 with the configuration the game comes with, general FFB @ 80%.
Maybe check out the official Assetto Corsa forum, I've seen people discussing there some ffb settings.

Also, check out you don't have Force Feedback Clipping. A friend of mine always had the issue that he didn't feel the car, especially the rear and compared to other sims he always was a couple of seconds slower than the rest of me and my mates. Now as he turned the ffb down he feels the car way more. Simple things can make huge differences :)

Will try that, thanks.

It also sucks that the game doesn't recognize my D-pad buttons.

Just DL'd this the other day and finally got the settings tweaked to work with my Fanatec GT2 wheel. The FFB had to be turned down quite a bit as I was having some shaking/wobbling on straights that was a bit annoying. Other than that I'm quite impressed with the physics of this game. Things feel great.

Got it during the summer sale. Haven't had a chance to download it yet, but I am very excited.

I hope they bring that gorgeous 300SLR over from the old mod. :p

Heh, that news seems to be spreading far and wide over the simracing news sites.

I don't think I have mentioned this here before, but I am actually HistorX's 3d modeler, I made all of the body-shapes for the Trans-Ams, (Rantam and Grasshopper made most of the T/A interiors, other than the Javelin and '70 Camaro, those were mine, and Hugh Jarse and Munty made most of the skins)
I also worked on some more minor stuff, like rims and such for the first mod.

Having established that, right now we are just testing the waters with Asseto Corsa. We are looking into what the creation pipeline is for a mod in AC, and once we feel we understand it as well as we do rFactor and rFactor 2, then we will decide once and for all which platform we are going to work with. I think though, it's pretty safe to say that Asseto Corsa will be the likely winner. Every active member of the team likes it, and thinks it has the potential to do what we need.

As for what the future might hold for HistorX, I think the only certitude is that there will be absolutely NO traces of GTL or GTL models anywhere near our work in the future. The 300SLR was modeled by a member of the team who is no longer active, we haven't heard from him in years now, and given some of our internal discussions, it seems unlikely (though hardly impossible) that we will do anything using cars from that era anytime soon, though after our next release, who knows.

That model is gobsmackingly beautiful though, and to be honest, the mapping and texturing on the SLR, combined with the gorgeous model blows my work away, I think.

Nice to see that my favourite rF mod may very well be coming to AC. I loved driving the smaller cars like the Cortina and Alfa Juinoirs.

In other news, I ordered a Fanatec CSW Base, Universal Hub and a Wheel. They had a 40% sale on the other day.

You really think that CSW is worth it? A fried of mine had it, had problems with it, gave it back after 6 months. Personally, I like the Fanatec stuff, but I hear from so many people that it takes ages for them to fix something if it's broken - which happens a lot.

About the HistorX - so is there a possibility to go a bit further up in time? I'd love to have a couple more cars from the 70s and 80s (635csi yes please).:whistle:

I've had a Fanatec GT3 RS Clubsport for 4 years now with no problems. It's still V1 as I never managed to send it off in time for upgrade.

update 0.21

CHANGELOG

- Multiplayer Improvements : New server version available
- Multiplayer Gameplay improvements
- New Post Processing Effects engine implemented
- Implemented booking-less server joining
- Physical Dynamic track implemented
- Shader fixes and improvements
- Time Attack fixed start with too much time
- Fixed AI starting at the same time in qualify
- AI improvements, better gas control and understeer detection
- New Car : Lotus 98T
- lotus elise sc, exige 240R, scura, exige s roadster speedometers corrections
- changes in speedometers visualization depending on UI options and car design
- Tyre damping modifications for all cars
- Ideal Line improvements
- Improved Python Apps error handling on loading
- Dynamic wing controller now use setup value as initial angle value.
- Localization fixes
- Time Difference displayer improved
- Fixed camera triple screen & driver names
- Fixes in Replay for cars with animated suspensions
- Fixed "You have been sent to pits" issue
- GUI forms default position not overlapping with system messages anymore & GUI Improvements
- Showroom updated with the latest graphic engine improvements
- ksEditor updated with the latest graphic engine improvements
- Per-Car New setup option to customize Force Feedback
- Disabled AI in multiplayer events
- Replay size reduced by half
- Fixed crew placement in multiplayer events
- Virtual mirror remembers its last state & virtual mirror improvements on triple screen cfg
- Fixed mirror rendering bug
- Adjustable brake balance while driving, for cars that support the feature
- Adjustable brake balance in the physics brakes.ini file
- Brake balance working with all the control configurations
- Fixed wrong time reported after Booking

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/early-access-update-0-21.12362/#post-201777

excited about dynamic tracks.. grip changing as the race goes on and rubber manifests itself in the racelines

Last edited: