Cars ... movie

Overheat said:
I love kids films tbh :) One good thing about having kids (no, I don't have any kids) is that you get to watch kids movies without feeling too guilty :p

i never feel guilty watching a quality cartoon
i watch one over any action movie every time

Trip to the cinema scheduled - looks great fun, I have to take the chirldren too, apparently (Misses, off stage, shouts at husband).

who needs cars?

who needs cars?

screw cars! I'll be at the drive in watching Fast and Furious 3. And everytime they race i'll rev my engine! and afterwords i'll hit up the streets for some late night road racing!! hahaha vrooom!

Meh, I'll see fnf3, but probably just to perve on the cars, the movie will suck. Lil' Bow Wow will see to that.

Re: who needs cars?

subarustan said:
screw cars! I'll be at the drive in watching Fast and Furious 3. And everytime they race i'll rev my engine! and afterwords i'll hit up the streets for some late night road racing!! hahaha vrooom!

Man, if I was the police I would just set up officers on the roads from the drive in. I'm sure you would make a fortune picking up dicks on their way home. :p

Just came back from seeing Cars. Which was preceded by a long, lengthy drive, which was followed by an even longer, lengthier drive. It'll make you do things like that.

I've been exaggerating in saying things like, "Cars is the greatest movie ever made, a sweeping cinematic masterpiece of which the whole of human civilization has never fathomed before, a cinematic milestone that mankind will remember as the epoch of man's creative genius", but actually, it's brilliant! It's like reading a bestselling novel by a famous author, and coming across every in-joke you've ever had with your friends.

Cars is brilliant because it's a work of love, created by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. You can gaze in awe at the scenes because they're so wonderfully, lovingly rendered with individual cars. There's detail in everything as well; one scene is inside Luigi's garage (he's a Fiat 500 btw) and it's plastered with posters of Ferraris. They're not just any Ferraris though; they're 250 LMs, Europa GTs, 250GTOs, and the kicker? They're all drawn in the style of the characters themselves, with the cute eyes and the goofy lips. It looks better than it sounds, trust me. Once again, Pixar doesn't fail to impress. It doesn't pander to the lowest common denominator, and it doesn't try to jump on any trendy bandwagon fads that will be gone in a month or so, probably inadvertently killed off by the very films that overenthusiastically exploited it. I'm exaggerating, of course; drifting is still very much alive and rice burners are still out there, unfortunately.

I loved this movie, though. I loved every second of it. It may seem like a kid's movie, so what? Bring your kids! It's not only aimed just at NASCAR fans: most of the themes are pretty universal, and I can't stand NASCAR and I still loved it! There's enough bits to apply to everybody, anyway. A few criticisms include that the storyline's kind of cheesy, typical kid's story thing: arrogant guy ends up in a completely opposite situation, learns the error of his ways and the power of teamwork, and there's a happy ending. That, and the inevitable deluge of marketing, plush toys, video games, and Happy Meals that always follows a Pixar epic like this. Yet
IMO, if you consider yourself a car enthusiast, get rid of all your prejudices about cars and go see this movie. If you love cars, it will remind you why you do; if you don't, it will turn you into a believer.

Oh, and no kissing. The writers could have wrote in a cheesy love story; they nearly did but didn't make a big deal out of it. Whew.

Loved it ! :love:

Any car guy needs to see "Cars". :)

And stay in your seat 'til the very end of the credits. ;)

BlaRo said:
Just came back from seeing Cars. Which was preceded by a long, lengthy drive, which was followed by an even longer, lengthier drive. It'll make you do things like that.

*snip!*

Cars is brilliant because it's a work of love, created by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. You can gaze in awe at the scenes because they're so wonderfully, lovingly rendered with individual cars. There's detail in everything as well; one scene is inside Luigi's garage (he's a Fiat 500 btw) and it's plastered with posters of Ferraris. They're not just any Ferraris though; they're 250 LMs, Europa GTs, 250GTOs

*snip!*

I loved this movie, though. I loved every second of it. It may seem like a kid's movie, so what? Bring your kids! It's not only aimed just at NASCAR fans: most of the themes are pretty universal, and I can't stand NASCAR and I still loved it! There's enough bits to apply to everybody, anyway. A few criticisms include that the storyline's kind of cheesy, typical kid's story thing: arrogant guy ends up in a completely opposite situation, learns the error of his ways and the power of teamwork, and there's a happy ending. That, and the inevitable deluge of marketing, plush toys, video games, and Happy Meals that always follows a Pixar epic like this. Yet
IMO, if you consider yourself a car enthusiast, get rid of all your prejudices about cars and go see this movie. If you love cars, it will remind you why you do; if you don't, it will turn you into a believer.

Oh, and no kissing. The writers could have wrote in a cheesy love story; they nearly did but didn't make a big deal out of it. Whew.

I've just come back from seeing the movie also and agree 100% with everything BlaRo has written. I HATE NASCAR but absolutely loved this movie, it was brilliant.

GO SEE IT RIGHT NOW! NO EXCUSES!!!!!

Lightning McQueen: Do I spy a little pin-striping tattoo back there?
Sally: Oh. You saw that?
:lol:

watto said:
BlaRo said:

*snip!*

Cars is brilliant because it's a work of love, created by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. You can gaze in awe at the scenes because they're so wonderfully, lovingly rendered with individual cars. There's detail in everything as well; one scene is inside Luigi's garage (he's a Fiat 500 btw) and it's plastered with posters of Ferraris. They're not just any Ferraris though; they're 250 LMs, Europa GTs, 250GTOs

*snip!*

I've just come back from seeing the movie also and agree 100% with everything BlaRo has written. I HATE NASCAR but absolutely loved this movie, it was brilliant.

GO SEE IT RIGHT NOW! NO EXCUSES!!!!!

Lightning McQueen: Do I spy a little pin-striping tattoo back there?
Sally: Oh. You saw that?
:lol:

I agree with both of these guys too!! It's awesome!!

Sure the storyline was reasonably predictable, but I loved it. Really loved it. And the CG, WOW. Pixar raises the bar for CG everytime they make a movie. I thought their landscapes would stop getting better after The Incredibles, but here we are and cars raises the bar again. Amazing.

I really appreciated all the true to life references and the accuracy of the car related information, even the way the cars acted was very well portrayed. Some of the best car casting wasn't even the main cast either. The Mazda MX-5 twins, the Street racers (they were actual car models too, i picked one as a supra but i'm sure if i go back and have a better look i'll get the others), governor Arnie as the Hummer. the little Fiat 500 obsessed with ferraris stole the show for me, he was awesome.

And the 'cow pushing' scene was just a pisser. Those who've seen it will know what i'm talking about. Those who have actually been cow pushing (me) will love it even more.

Mater: "Just don't wake Frank" :lol:

The English version gets Jeremy Clarkson according to The Sun :thumbsup:

EXCLUSIVE
Car-toon hero Clarkson

By SEAN HAMILTON

MOTORMOUTH Jeremy Clarkson has zoomed off with a major film role.

The Sun columnist and Top Gear presenter voiced a key character in Disney?s new animated blockbuster Cars.

Produced by the boffins behind Toy Story, The Incredibles and Finding Nemo, it tells the tale of rookie racing car Lightning McQueen, voiced by Owen Wilson.

Paul Newman ? who runs his own Nascar Team ? is wise old muscle car Doc Hudson. And Jezza, 46, is Lightning?s wheeler-dealer agent Harv.

A Disney spokeswoman revealed: ?Jeremy voiced his parts in London with director John Lasseter at the end of May but was only told this week he is definitely in. It is one of the biggest roles in the movie.?

The American version of Cars went straight to No 1 at the box office last weekend, taking ?34million in three days.

But Lasseter wanted a British voice for Herv when the film opens here on July 28.

I love being English right now

Awesome. When it comes out on DVD i'll import a british one. We get the American Harv here.

Just saw cars, and now i must have the British version. gunna have to import one as well.

I went to see Cars last night, and it was fantastic. I loved the easter eggs hidden all through the film - most of which my Girlfreind didn't even notice until I pointed them out. I'm not going to post any spoilers, just in case people still have not seen it.

One of the best things about the film was the sound. The engine noise was very authentic, and you can tell it was not synthesized in a studio. The one thing that I thought would have been clever would be to have changed the name of the town from "Radiator Springs" to "Valve Springs." But that's just me. The voice acting was great and all the characters were very well written for a general audience kind of film.

Pit Stop!

Ok, I lied
POSSIBLE SPOILERS TO FOLLOW

Not that there is really anything to spoil, the film is pretty predictable, but I wanted to be on the safe side just in case. One of my favorite moments is when Doc Hudson is out on that dirt track with the old dirt tread racing tires. I don't know why but that was a really cool scene.

The digital landscaping was amazing, they completely nailed the look of the southwest. When McQueen and Carrera go for a drive it was like driving into Zion national park, but without the busses of midwestern tourists. I spent alot of time in the Southwest and this film sucked me right in. I also liked that they incorperated carparts into the landscape, the front end shapes of old 1940s style cars for the mesas and the Cadillac fins for the sandstone ridge (also a refrence to a famous roadside attraction in Texas).

Ok, so I am rambling and not that coherent tonight so this is the end.

I am looking forward to seeing this, as it is my brother who is the director for dubbing it into Norwegian. He does mostly all the dubbing of cartoons/animation movies from Pixar/Disney/Dreamworks etc... such as Madagaskar (he had the Lions voice) and Lilo and Stich (Stitch..)

We never dub anything other than animations, just to have said that. It's not like in Germany or Holland where they dub 100% of everything with "Hollywood" on it..

haz

subarustan said:
Do you actually still have drive ins? I thought it was just some thing from the 60's.

WTF, I just looked at the 2 cinemas closest to me and it doesn't get here till september first :( and it's dubbed, I hate dubbed movies, even if it is cartoons, they could atleast have both versions :cry:

mgkdk said:
WTF, I just looked at the 2 cinemas closest to me and it doesn't get here till september first :( and it's dubbed, I hate dubbed movies, even if it is cartoons, they could atleast have both versions :cry:

Yes, it sucks.
Just because it is a cartoon you are not likely to find a subtitled version, and If you do, it's in 1 or 2 rooms and about 2 sessions a day.
Oh, and I hate ANYTHING dubbed with a passion.

Evo7 said:
The English version gets Jeremy Clarkson according to The Sun :thumbsup:

And a wee german fella currenlty living in Switzerland... not so famous for acting as he is for driving around in a red car.