December 12th, 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel said:
I'd wish that a Top Gear ep would just occour at my desktop every Monday evening. 8)

Happens to me that way on Tuesdays - I set the download in the morning and go to work, it downloads in a couple hours, then seeds for the rest of the day, I come back to dinner and Clarkson. ;)

Actaully, instead of stealing and re-encoding another group's rip

Viper - don't go nuts.

JW is the only person in the filesharing world who doesn't want to share his files. Period.

The whole idea of sharing is to make it available to others.

I'd be willing to bet a thousand Mustangs that the guy who made the pdtv rip is more than happy for it to be uploaded at any P2P site.

Just to let you guys know, on the suprnova version there are now 57 seeders, that might make it go a bit faster. :wink:

97.5% done and 12 mins to go, I can't wait! :shock: :D

Edit-60 in the time it took me to post this. :lol:

Uknova's 450mb version has 84 seeder(s), 134 leecher(s) currently, with less than 4 hours total download time.

I'm going to download all 3 versions and compare video and audio and do a small review and perhaps that will result in some recommendations as to what is most effective in the real world.

2 mins to go.

Arghh! :evil:

*Edit* Done! Hahahaha :D

TheDude said:
Actaully, instead of stealing and re-encoding another group's rip

Viper - don't go nuts.

JW is the only person in the filesharing world who doesn't want to share his files. Period.

The whole idea of sharing is to make it available to others.

I'd be willing to bet a thousand Mustangs that the guy who made the pdtv rip is more than happy for it to be uploaded at any P2P site.
Yeah, but it kinda defeats the purpose of my site. Plus, we'd have to re-encode from 700 MB to 350 MB and that doesn't result in as good of quality as it good be.

The suprnova version is better than the uknova v, for those who want know.

The color and detail are really bad on the uknova:s....

I just need my fix, waiting for this version. Unfortunately I only get 20 gig a month bandwidth, and that 100 meg smaller than uknova or 350 meg smaller than suprnova's version actually matters :/

That's on my home cable anyway. Viper, if you wanna inform me via msn or something as soon as this is ready I'll jump straight on it to help seed from the shell like last time as well.

saw the ep, not that great.. hmm if the future eps are all slightly better than this one, then it'll be the worst ep of this season.

This is funny.....yesterday i was away from my comp studing for like six hrs
and this thread had grown from 3 to 7 pages.

So i read, the whole thing, and this morning after 6 hrs of sleep, its grown from 7 to 10...... :eek: So i read again....

Anyways thanks for the effort Viper..

Flasher T said:
Wow, I didn't think any provider in the Western world limited traffic any more.

Unfortunately Telstra are the biggest rip offs in the world and still charge per megabyte (up to 20c!), so it's hard to get a good deal. They're starting to come in now, but the problem with living on such a big island, in the middle of nowhere, is that there's not a tremendous amount of people here to share the costs of rolling out the huge undersea fiber network like southern cross (www.southerncrosscables.com) to America.

But yeah, it's getting better.

edit: Tha bounce: I think that's meant to be "UNinhabitable desert" in your signature? :)

Tons of ISPs limit traffic. More and more companies are actually starting to do so I believe.

Pulse - isn't there like 30 mln of you?

(Besides, I'd think Singapore had a proper backbone and it's closer than going all the way across the Pacific...)

Status
Not open for further replies.