Different vehicles with the same name

You need to add APV to the name of the minivan, though, as it and the sedan above were both sold in North America at the same time.
And the two weren't even based on the same platform. :?

Ford T5
bT5_home.jpg

...still trying to find more.....

You forgot the T5'est of them all.

In R form here, because yellow. :wub:

You forgot the T5'est of them all.

In R form here, because yellow. :wub:
Well I actually was thinking of adding those but, I took those as trim packages not models because it spans the S sedans and V wagons. I guess I made a boo boo.

You need to add APV to the name of the minivan, though, as it and the sedan above were both sold in North America at the same time.
And the two weren't even based on the same platform. :?

The APV designation was only used for the first half of its life:

Wikipedia said:
The Chevrolet Lumina APV was a minivan produced by General Motors for the 1990 to 1996 model years. In 1994 the APV was dropped from the name to make the name more consistent with the cars, and it was simply known as Lumina or Lumina Minivan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Lumina_APV

We called them dustbuster vans.

We got T-boned in a Lumina APV during a family outing, directly hitting the passenger door where my grandfather was sitting. The door still opened and we continued to our destination (minus a window) while the driver of the Cadillac that hit us left in an ambulance.... between that incident, the fiberglass bodywork, and the three full size second row seats (so the third row only had 2 seats, leaving more room for all passengers compared to modern minivans with a three seat rear bench), I have a lot of respect for that van.

Well I actually was thinking of adding those but, I took those as trim packages not models because it spans the S sedans and V wagons. I guess I made a boo boo.

It's a bit of a stretch, I'll admit. :p

The S and V nomenclature was still some years off. It's really called 850 T5(-R), but it was the first Volvo to wear the T5 badge and made quite a name for itself when it came out.

The first turbo Saabs were commonly referred to as simply "Saab Turbo", and it annoyed Volvo so much they marketed the 240 turbo as "Volvo Turbo" or "The Turbo by Volvo". No 240 badges on the car either.

Then the 700 series came around and took over the flagship role. But I digress. :lol:

Made from an A4 sheet of paper.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't the numbers kinda cheating? Especially in BMW's case, with the 1st digit being the series and 2nd & 3rd the engine size?

That's what the numbers mean? Now I know.

That's what the numbers mean? Now I know.

not anymore though

new namingconvention is
- first digit is the model
- second digit a 2 = 4cyl, a 3 = 6cyl and a 4 = V8
- third digits has something to do with turbo's, but not sure how...

you can't know the cc anymore from the badges
which makes sense since the 1.6, is actually a 2.0 tuned down...

Yeah, but a 116d still has 4 cylinders. Your theory is off. It's more about a general power output these days rather than engine size, yeah.

not anymore though

new namingconvention is
- first digit is the model
- second digit a 2 = 4cyl, a 3 = 6cyl and a 4 = V8
- third digits has something to do with turbo's, but not sure how...

you can't know the cc anymore from the badges
which makes sense since the 1.6, is actually a 2.0 tuned down...

Not sure this is quite true. 535 simply means it's a bit better than 530 because it's a higher number. And the 550d is even higher up the food chain.

Yeah, but a 116d still has 4 cylinders. Your theory is off. It's more about a general power output these days rather than engine size, yeah.

It's confusing but still better than the VAG way of doing TDI, TDI, TDI, TDI etc etc etc ad infinitum. Altough I don't think they do that as much anymore.

And in the case of my car, the 1.2 and 1.4 TSI has the exact same badging on the back. The difference is that the 1.2 has one exhaust tip while the 1.4 has two. Same thing goes for the 1.6 and 2.0 TDI. And then there's the 1.8 which gets a red I.

Last edited:
The BMW digit system used to mean model and engine displacement, as in 518i meant 5-series with injected 1.8 liter engine.

They messed it up already in 1979 when the E23 745i was introduced with a turbocharged 3.5 liter. So yeah, bigger numbers...

Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven.jpg

:p

Jeep Gladiator

1963-jeep-gladiator-j-200-thriftside.jpg

Gaylord Gladiator

1957_Gaylord_Gladiator_09.jpg

Spartan Gladiator

spartan-gladiator-ff-02.jpg

You can tell when a trucker is driving a Magnum because there are teeth marks on the shipping documents.

It's a bit of a stretch, I'll admit. :p

The S and V nomenclature was still some years off. It's really called 850 T5(-R), but it was the first Volvo to wear the T5 badge and made quite a name for itself when it came out.

NO!
It was really called a T-5R.

It may be just a simple dash placement, but it's something that really riles up us Volvo folk :lol: