Dreaded cyclists

In other words, all the outcry about cars funding bicycles was baseless until now and only in CA? :dunno:

Nope, before it was just being subtracted from general road funds and there was no specific measure designed to only raise funds for freeloader lanes. Now CA's running out of that so they're levying a special tax (they call it a fee, but it's a tax) on cars and motorcycles specifically to build freeloader lanes - they're still going to be pulling from road funds anyway, they just want more money than they can get away with pulling from that source.

The government raises taxes? :dunno: Seems to me as if nothing changed, basically.

Oh, no, they're still going to raise the other taxes. They're just adding an all new tax to benefit the freeloading bicyclists and nobody else.

Like I said, the government raising taxes is hardly noteworthy. It's what they do, no? :dunno:

As for freeloading bicyclists, I think I've shown numerous times that the overall tax burden has little to do with your mode of transportation.

Like I said, the government raising taxes is hardly noteworthy. It's what they do, no? :dunno:

As for freeloading bicyclists, I think I've shown numerous times that the overall tax burden has little to do with your mode of transportation.

In that case, because I have a car, I should get a free pass on every single one of my motorcycles, right?

I've also shown that where I live, fees paid by motorists contribute *very* significantly to the upkeep of the roads.

Last edited:
Why is it that motorcycles being invisible to bicyclists? I had a kamikaze bicyclists move into my lane without warning. I wish this was the first case, but they also tend to blow through intersections without seeing me as well.

I've also shown that where I live, fees paid by motorists contribute *very* significantly to the upkeep of the roads.

Those are two very different things. In your overall tax burden, your motorcycle registration fee is likely tiny. As a result, whether someone registers one motorcycle or has a bicycle has very little to do with how freeloading they are.

There's also bicyclists having cars and/or motorcycles as well - probably the majority of bicycle owners.

Those are two very different things. In your overall tax burden, your motorcycle registration fee is likely tiny. As a result, whether someone registers one motorcycle or has a bicycle has very little to do with how freeloading they are.

There's also bicyclists having cars and/or motorcycles as well - probably the majority of bicycle owners.

So, since they get a free pass for their bicycles just because they (hypothetically) own a car and have to pay taxes on it, I should also get a free pass for my motorcycles because I own a car, right?

I don't get a free pass. Neither should they.

I know, it still seems like quite a lot to me :dunno: If you have bicycle vs pedestrian crossings, considering someone doing just over 40km/h as legal just seems odd to me.

I know, it still seems like quite a lot to me :dunno: If you have bicycle vs pedestrian crossings, considering someone doing just over 40km/h as legal just seems odd to me.

You are not wrong, for the most part no one goes that fast a lot of traffic there are just people enjoying a nice day and they ride relatively slow, the few LIVESTRONG!!!! wannabes are the main issue.

Yeah that's what I thought, to reach 25mph, let alone be significantly above it, you have to be a certain type of cyclist. Lowering that limit to 20mph or even 15mph wouldn't hurt anyone.

Yeah that's what I thought, to reach 25mph, let alone be significantly above it, you have to be a certain type of cyclist. Lowering that limit to 20mph or even 15mph wouldn't hurt anyone.

Not gonna find me arguing with that ;)