Eurovision

osabros said:
when was the eurovision?? i thought it was tonight.

It is...I'm streaming it live off the Beeb's website just now.

And Latvia were quite good! That's not meant to happen...bring on Lordi!

the german presenter is nicely ironical. 8)

texas lightning were pretty good i have to say. they made real music with real instruments and you could really see that they had no star attitude and really enjoyed themselves on stage.

seems like lordi has managed to mobilize metallers from around the world despite their horrible song.:D

FINLAND has just won Eurovision 2006!!!!!

so congratz to all the Fins with their deserved victory! :thumbsup:

just proves my teori ..
people want something NEW in eurovision...

Norway got almost nothing .. why? we won wiht an song in the same style in 1996(or something)

so if you want to win eurovision .. try something new

God. I just fuckin' hate this hype over Eurovision. Now everybody is a "hardcore" Lordi-fan.

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Aww awsome, fuck eurovision and everything it stands for, but god, the best result ever.

@aceshigh "I liked thier older stuff better" lol, die.

Congrats Finland!

(We'r 6'th! :D:D:D great!)

I watched Lordi's show 2 months ago. It was great. It made me feel like 5yo when I was watching my brothers KISS Animalize VHS. But this hype and everything, makes me puke.

I've always hated people who listen music just because it's number 1. And now suddenly even the guy/girl who hates heavy/metal music is "Pro Lordi". Yeah right, :thumbsdown: for all you gloryhunters.

Kebab gud said:
just proves my teori ..
no it does not. lordi did stand out, so they got all the votes from certain subcultures. in addition to that, they had a good show, which suits the eurovision song contest.
if you look past lordi, you can't even distinguish the top ten from each other...

Stop spoiling Kip_6666's fun, aceshigh! No, bad aceshigh!

aceshigh, you're so stereotypic :roll: god I hate people like you, can't you just get that it doesn't matter if you've listened the band for 4 hours or 4 years, what matters is that you like it! ;)

ryosuke said:
Kebab gud said:
just proves my teori ..
no it does not. lordi did stand out, so they got all the votes from certain subcultures. in addition to that, they had a good show, which suits the eurovision song contest.
if you look past lordi, you can't even distinguish the top ten from each other...
my mother voted for lordi ..

(and she still has a Aqua CD in here car ... )

what does that prove? their show was great and the show is what counts almost as much as neighbourly relations. ;)

germany had something different, too, as well as oustanding musical quality. still only place 15 after countless songs that all sounded the same.

aceshigh said:
I watched Lordi's show 2 months ago. It was great. It made me feel like 5yo when I was watching my brothers KISS Animalize VHS. But this hype and everything, makes me puke.

I've always hated people who listen music just because it's number 1. And now suddenly even the guy/girl who hates heavy/metal music is "Pro Lordi". Yeah right, :thumbsdown: for all you gloryhunters.
Awww poor thing, not feeling indie anymore eh?

HYV?? SUOMI! FINALLY! Best winner since... Ever!