Ferrari California

That thing is nice from the side, ok from the front, and ugly as hell from the back.

Anyone else also notice that the Manettino switch only has 3 settings?

^I have to agree. This is the Ferrari you give your wife while you take the 430 Scuderia out.

Exactly what I was thinking

Nice, its a Ferrari SC430 :yucky:

:lol: Good point, even has those stupid Lexus exhaust pipes from the IS-F

Such a disappointment - the styling is so hugely comprised by that folding metal roof. The rear is hideous.

I disagree. As not prefect as the rear is, I sort of like it, especially when compared to the front. I don't know how a company like Ferrari can spend so much time and money on trying to improve their cars, and manage to make them worse...

Still too ugly to be called a Ferrari. I'd be impressed if this was a Hyundai.

Indeed. It's not ugly, but it's not what a Ferrari should look like. Then again, I don't really think any Ferraris look very good, or even not hideous(Enzo).

I'm starting to think the whole of Italy is loosing a bit of what makes it special. First Alfa forgets how to make good handling cars and now Ferrari can't make something pretty. Next we'll have a graceful lamborghini with traction control as standard, oh-no wait.

:(

Eh...its not that good looking...but would I still want one. Okay I admit it...I'm probably one of those suckers who want this car due to its badge. :unsure:

I can't say I like the whole concept of that thing. Design is just one of the issues.

Its alright but that isn't what a Ferrari should be. It should be more than alright. Love the interior though.

you're all nuts. It looks brilliant.

I liked very much it until I saw the back. But I guess you just have to park it in reverse next to a wall so noone can see it. :p From other angles it's very nice. Especially the side profile with the roof down...

What the heck is up with Ferrari these days? First we got the 360, which was disappointing compared to the brilliant 355, than we got the F430 which took quiet a bit of time to get used to, and now this stupid Ferrari California for fat people who just want to pose and not drive (Ferrari will make it drive brilliantly, but thats a completely separate matter)!

And lets not get started on Ferrari branded segways, polo shirts, stupid mobile phones (Motor Razr, I'm looking at you) and other useless items.

Is Ferrari trying to do its hardest to make me hate them?

And lets not get started on Ferrari branded segways, polo shirts, stupid mobile phones (Motor Razr, I'm looking at you) and other useless items.

It's clled business, look it up. :| You don't have to like it it's enough that your neighbour buys one to make you jealous.

OT
I kinda like the car. The rear looks Japanese yes but c'mon... it isn't ugly. :)
The only really disturbig things are the exhaust. :yucky: Fuucking tasteless.

I don't think it looks too bad. To be honest I think Ferrari styling started to go down hill in the late 60s with the Daytona, their new stuff while not as great as the Americas and 250s is still a vast improvement over the 80s and 70s (especially when you consider garbage like the Mondial).

What the heck is up with Ferrari these days? First we got the 360, which was disappointing compared to the brilliant 355, than we got the F430 which took quiet a bit of time to get used to, and now this stupid Ferrari California for fat people who just want to pose and not drive (Ferrari will make it drive brilliantly, but thats a completely separate matter)!

As -Cpt. J.- said, it's called a business. And all of this stuff coming from an automaker who's ethos is to make road cars to fund it's motorsport programme shouldn't make it a surprise.

As Montezemolo revealed, Fiat doesn't financially back Ferrari's F1 programme with a single cent, so it's all up to Ferrari to make the money. And the new California will appeal to a wider audience = get more customers = more money. That's not to say that the wider audience is your ordinary Joe. It'll still only be able to be bought by people with very deep pockets...

And that's fine by me, as all the posers will fall for this car (which, there is nothing wrong with apart from the controversial styling) where as, the serious drivers will still be able to enjoy the F430 (an absolutely brilliant car who's styling will mature throughout the years, and will only get better looking) or any successors after it, or even the the FR/FMR GT cars such as the 599 GTB or the 612 Scag.

And saying that the California is ruining Ferrari's history by diluting the brand and going mainstream is preposterous. The 599 is a FMR GT and the Scag is a FMR 2+2 (that's right, four seats in a Ferrari). And are these diluting the brand?

And all this crap about shitty Ferrari mechanise has only been echoed by idiots because "it's from Ferrari". Every other manufacturer makes the same shitty merchandise. It's idiots like you which whine every single time you hear that Ferrari's made a product, that really makes me hate you. If merchandise like this are making you hate Ferrari, then open your eyes and see the shit other manufacturers make.

Lambo Umbrella anyone?

0c6205ed4046387200efdd5807bf8297.png

Porsche flashlight?

00004490079.jpg

And I don't think Ferrari are going to start worrying that some guy is starting to hate them. A Ferrari isn't for the masses, and no, your not going to see everyone rushing to their local Ferrari dealer and buying 3 California for their girlfriends. The Cali' will cost about the same as a standard F430. And because it's not for the masses, they can make the styling whatever they want, and remember the styling is by Pininfarina, not Ferrari, so you can all go bitch and moan to/about them if you've got any issues. :rolleyes:

\It was exactly the same when the 550 came out...
\\But I get it that that was merely your opinion. And well, this is mine.

...a vast improvement over the 80s and 70s (especially when you consider garbage like the Mondial).

Haha, the Mondial is truly garbage. Even among Ferrari owners on F-Chat it's a joke. But remember that Mondial owners are absolutely loyal to their cars, and will bite back. :p

Last edited:
I believe the name California is very fitting for this model. If I had extra cash, then I'd be game, but it wouldn't be the first Ferrari that I'd buy.

Fat ppl who want to pose and not drive are the ones who have MONEY. If you don't like that, then you work a lot harder, become really rich and successful, become a regular ferrari customer or a prominent race car driver, and tell them what they should be selling.

From an economic standpoint your opinion unfornately matters next to ZERO to ferrari. Hate them all you want, i doubt Ferrari execs are going to lose any sleep over it.

Those complaining about the concept of what this thing is for are forgetting that the previous California's were made for the same reason. Enzo knew the American market was huge and was what would keep his business afloat so he had the CA made to be an open top GT to suit our tastes. C'mon, CALIFORNIA

For the interested here are some comparison shots of this car with its name sake. Unfortunately the new one has to share the same name as the best looking car Ferrari has made.

9080519.001.1M.jpg

01_ferrari_cali_s.jpg