FinalGear Pre-ringmeet Roadtrip 2012: July 20-26th

Status
Not open for further replies.
We better not encounter any of those cyclist convoys. I don't want to scrape my paint running them over. :mad:

We will encounter some cyclists for sure (and I agree they have no right to exist at all), but the huge convoys seen in the pics are the Giro d'Italia and won't happen.

Great!! I'll keep a basket of assorted spare parts ready in Frankfurt! ;)

I still have two places to spare, if they aren't taken I'll go by bike. I might need a new rear tire in the process though.

Joker19583, by all means take the bike, I'm sure you'll have lots more fun with that in alps. There are free seats in other cars the trip anyway, I think.

Great!! I'll keep a basket of assorted spare parts ready in Frankfurt! ;)

Hehe, I already have a box of spares ordered :) I just hope they'll get here in time.

FYI:

An international cinema is playing "The Dark Knight Rises" (in english ofc) starting on 07-25-2012 in Stuttgart, the day the roadtrip is supposed to be and stay in stuttgart!

Does anybody care? I know Ice does. :D

Corso Cinema International
Hauptstr.6
70536 Stuttgart-Vaihingen
Phone 49 711 734916

The Dark Knight rises engl.Ov

Wed, 07-25-2012 3:00pm 5:20pm 6:05pm 8:30pm 9:10pm

Last edited:
DOOOO IIIIIT!!!!
smiley_panic.gif

It's a date, guys.

Right, you were the one asking me about cinemas playing it in english in germany :D. I knew someone asked me about it.. thats why I posted it here, and because Ice liked the idea. I'm not sure wether I should book some places (and how many) or if its not neccessary..

I'll leave you after the last night in Austria, so no cinema for me!

I'd be willing to join, hopefully the OriginalFassung (original version) wont get that overrun like the german version will probably be.

In other news: I've just ordered the new tyre.

This guy will give you a pretty big beating if you don't come!
austrian-alps-summer-2012-18.jpg

Got a new project last month, so I wasn't sure whether I could make the trip or not. Now I got the all clear from my client to take the week and a bit off, so I'm still in. Woo! All that's left is to plan everything...

In any case, did a first test with the "video" equiment to see how it all works out. It's surprising just how loud all the ambient sounds and especially clicks are, engaging the indicators or using a lighter are very noticable. Plus there is a lot of tire roar, the windnoise with the top open, which I was really worried about, isn't even all that bad up to 120km/h. Also, I know the suspension is hard, but jesus does it rattle the camera.

This was only a first test, the camera had a few degrees tilt and I still have to work the zoom (2.4x here) so it doesn't show (too much) of the bracket.

Had a look at the GoPro cameras, but given how expensive the fuel is going to be (18?-20?/100km) I can't really make the investment just yet. My phone will have to do, somehow.

Edit: He, youtube shake correction is funny.

Last edited:
Hooray...

Elise or what?

I don't have to work on Friday, so if anyone is going to Munich via Frankfurt we could form an orderly convoy. MXM might be here for the night as well. Any interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.