FinalGear Pre-ringmeet Roadtrip 2012: July 20-26th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be on that route, but I need to pick up my new tire in time. Arrival in Munich should be around 16 Uhr. possible with you guys?
I'll be heading down via A45. MXM is joining you in Frankfurt thursday afternoon?

Indeed, my ferry arrives to Rostock on Thursday morning. I plan on spending the whole day on leisurely drving to Frankfurt :)

On Friday I also have to make a detour in Munich (to Feldkirchen) to get the steering wheel I bought for e28, but that can also happen in the evening probably, I still need to agree it with the seller.

I'll be heading down Friday morning. I should be in Frankfurt at noon, preferably earlier. Fueling up required near N?rnberg.

Good, that would be allright for me, if it's alright for MXM!

What about the hotel in Munich, am I the only one who hasn't booked one yet?

Going to Munich Friday afternoon and meeting a friend in the evening so I'll join up with everyone for the start on Saturday.

Which by the way will be at what time? And where?

What about the hotel in Munich, am I the only one who hasn't booked one yet?

Certainly not. I was trying to get this information out of Adrian yesterday, but not very successfully :p Would it make sense to stay in the same hotel? So, hotel recommendations? Good parking is important :)

And at what time is the BMW Welt visit planned?

I'm not picky and would also share a room or so. I'd even take a shared room in a hostel, I don't care at all...

So, will I find out the starting time of the roadtrip only on the day after you've left? :p I'm meeting you guys about 200 kms in, I'd need to start a few hours before you.

I've sent a pm to people regarding the hotel and movie organization. Check your inboxes, people.

I've made up my mind, and I won't be coming on the roadtrip, only to the ringmeet.

Ok, then. That's everybody confirmed for the hotel. Booking on Monday. I'm out of town until then.

Rooms in Stuttgart are booked, ?38 per person. Breakfast and garage not included. The people who the rooms are registered to (just a formality): Me, MXM, DaBoom, Adrian.

And that's it! Now we just have to not fall off a mountain. :)

I just remembered that we intended to go to either Route66 or Onkel Otto's that evening for dinner. As we're scheduled for Dark Knight Rises at 9:10pm (minus half an hour earlier for pickup of the tickets), that begs the question when you guys plan to arrive in sindelfingen/stuttgart. Lets say we'd wanna go to Route66 for some nice big burgers and/or steaks, we'd wanna be there around 6pm so we can get going around 8pm towards the cinema. You'd ge required to to the hotel-stuff prior to that.

Oh and also a question is: When do you guys wanna visit which museum? Wednesday or Thursday before you/we head to the ring/rallye?

Well... it'll take about 3 hours to get from the last campsite to the hotel. Check in is at 3pm. I presume that means not before 3pm, not RIGHT ON THE DOT OR NO ROOM FOR YOU! If we take it easy and get there at 3, we'll be done at 3:30. Can we do a whole museum in 1 hour?

Check in at three means you may (or not) have to wait for your room to be ready if you arrive sooner.

Question is: Which museum(s) do you want do check out? The plan was just Porsche Museum, right? I doubt you'll be through in 1hr, I think I spend around 3hrs with equi and nugget, so lets say 2hrs for normal, not drooling people, but 1hr is probably easy doable too. In the end its just a bunch of parked cars :D. Getting there and finding a place to park takes time too. We could probably be at the museum ~16:00, which would put us at the diner anytime from 17:30 to 18:30 (museum closes 18:00 anyway), where we should plan 2hrs, and another 20-30 minutes to get to the cinema, where we're supposed to be at 20:40 the latest (unless we're going to get the tickets earlier, then we could arrive just in time for the movie 21:10).

All in all thats all a bit tight.

Yeah, we need to plan that out. Depending on when we arrive in Stuttgart. If we leave early, we can go to the museum before the hotel.

Museum -> Hotel -> Route66 is a doable route, as the diner and the hotel are more or less in the same city (different parts of sindelfingen), while the posche museum is at the other end of stuttgart anyway. Oh and for those who care: The merc museum is yet again on another end of stuttgart :D.

Alright, all booked up and ready to go. Well, as long as I got the right locations and dates, but whatever...

Now the only remaining question is the weather. But I doubt anybody knows what that's going to be like.

Status
Not open for further replies.