First Car Insurance

avanti said:
Jostyrostelli said:
People like me? You don't know me, my car is on my moms name because I have to be 22 to have an oldtimer insurrance, which is 120 euro per year, so when I become 22 I pay it for myself. If I wanted to insure it on my name it would cost me around 600-800 euros per year, depends.

So please keep your flaming to yourself and don't jump to conclusions...
I don't know you, but since you don't pay your own insurance I can say "people like you". Last year I paid 800 euros per for my motorcycle, it is not cheap but at least I can drive around with a clear conscience. And btw, how can a car that is owned and insured by your mom be "your car"?

I bought it, and I only drive it. But I can only drive 7.500km, which I probably won't even make.

The insurance holder mustnt be the owner, look out and see all the leased and financed cars ;) Here the person's owning, registering and insuring the car can be different, although all three are unlikely to happen at the same instance.

the way it works in my family is that i am the main driver but the car is in my parents name even though i am paying for it. same way with my brother. it keeps insurence down but it also avoids confusion.

avanti said:
Jostyrostelli said:
I bought it, and I only drive it. But I can only drive 7.500km, which I probably won't even make.
Okay, my mistake, I was under the impression that it was you mums. Anyways since I pay my "own" insurance I am a bit anal about it..

I pay my own insurance too, but it's only on my mums name so that I can have the oldtimerinsurrance, and not pay 700 euros instead of 120...

VUK said:
Renesis said:
VUK said:
try to get you mum/dad insured as main driver and you as 2nd driver
DON'T

This is the best way not to get paid (or way less) if something happens. They'll find out that you lied.

this is UK :D the car is not worth much, around 300$, here in UK cars are CHEAP and most are never repaired after accident

with the money you save you can buy exactly the same car or better

Well you don't insure a $300 car for damage.. :roll:

patrick10 said:
the way it works in my family is that i am the main driver but the car is in my parents name even though i am paying for it. same way with my brother. it keeps insurence down but it also avoids confusion.

FALSE. Insurance rates are calculated on the main driver, not on the owner of the title.

Car Insurance doesnt work the same everywhere ;) What is true in Canada is not true in Europe ;)

What's true in Quebec isn't even true in Ontario, since (not bragging but) we have the best Insurance system in Canada.

But I get to learn both, so if one of my clients crashes in USA I know what to do.