Ford GT vs. Corvette C6 ZR1 vs. Dodge Viper SRT-10

Ford GT vs. Corvette C6 ZR1 vs. Dodge Viper SRT-10

• Total voters
If I had to own one I would certainly take the Vette, but beyond that, I would say the Vette is the best American muscle you can get.

Mustangs are built by chimpanzees and, until recently, had the suspension from an 1824 Conestoga wagon.

Not only is the Vette better-built, but it is better looking, more fun to drive and can actually handle corners without separating into its basic elements and simply returning to nature.

The Viper is ok, but it's a cock's car. If you're gray-haired and wee a little when you laugh, the Viper is perfect for you.

Ok, so who'd I piss off? :lol:

Corvette. The Viper and GT wouldn't be close.

Yeah, dunno why you put a Mustang in there. That's FAR too biased to achieve a fair result..

The Ford GT is a true supercar, built to be one. The 'Vette, at best, is a converted supercar, and the Viper is just.. The Viper.

Viper loses to the GT IMO, due to a lack of taste in interior design.

GT. No question whatsoever.

Depends on the rest of my garage. I wouldn't take the Viper, and I like the Ford GT more than I like the Corvette, but if I had to use it everyday I'd probably go for the Corvette. But well, if I could afford cars like that I would probably have a decent everyday car as well, so I voted the Ford GT.

Ford GT it has it's charm, and not as many were made as the other two. You can get any Vette and make it go like the ZR1 really..

You can get any Vette and make it go like the ZR1 really..
I wouldn't be so sure. There are tons of tuners who build monster Corvettes with tons of power. But funnily enough, they're never as fast as a Z06 or ZR1, even the ones that have a massive power advantage. There is a lot of high end gear on the Z06/ZR1, like aluminum/magnesium frames, titanium engine components, carbon fiber body panels, massive (carbon ceramic ZR1) brakes, etc. You would have to remove everything practical/comfortable and push the power well beyond the Z06 and ZR1 to get a normal Corvette to be as fast as either of them.

I wouldn't be so sure. There are tons of tuners who build monster Corvettes with tons of power. But funnily enough, they're never as fast as a Z06 or ZR1, even the ones that have a massive power advantage. There is a lot of high end gear on the Z06/ZR1, like aluminum/magnesium frames, titanium engine components, carbon fiber body panels, massive (carbon ceramic ZR1) brakes, etc. You would have to remove everything practical/comfortable and push the power well beyond the Z06 and ZR1 to get a normal Corvette to be as fast as either of them.

Right now you could probably pick up a new C6 with an LS3 for less than $50K. You could probably build a beast out of it with the $70K difference between it and a ZR1. I doubt that the big tuners like Callaway and Lingenfelter claim to be able to build a car better than the ZR1 starting with a standard C6, but it might be possible.

A cammed and tuned Z06 will walk all over a stock ZR1.

Pulley/Tune the ZR1 though...

A cammed and tuned Z06 will walk all over a stock ZR1.

Probably. The ZR1 would still have better braking, but the Z06 is lighter, so with similar power it would be close. With decent rubber, it would surpass the ZR1.