#gear.fi 2015

I haven't heard anything from EyeQ
I confirmed 1 1/2 months ago and once again 2 weeks ago... :p

I can bring my own sleeping bag since it's small and light and fits in the hand luggage, but an air mattress would be too much. I'd like to put my car into the hand luggage as well, but I don't think Lufthansa will allow that... :(

About tomorrow's trackday. I just called the guys maintaining it and they said if weather permits it's okay. Sadly, at the moment the forecast says +2?C and it should be below zero. So basically we've to wait until tomorrow and call what is the actual condition, he said the forecast hasn't been that accurate lately.

Anywway, it's more than possible that we can not be hooning around ice track tomorrow. If that's the case, what is our plan? DaBoom?

On the train to Helsinki! Coffee is bad and internet is worse, but I have a suitcase full of car parts.

If any of you guys is driving on the 140 (Vanha lahdentie) next to J?rvenp?? or M?nts?l? (or thereabouts) tomorrow, PM me your phone number? (I've got MXM's, public's and Daboom's numbers) I'll join any convoy that's willing to drive at 80 km/h tops (That presumably excludes Adrian? :p) I can leave at around 1:30pm ? 2 pm at the earliest.. :)

I have no idea where are we going tomorrow or meeting up if the track isn't happening (which seems likely) :) I hope this will be clear before noon so we can coordinate better.

Do you have some sort of PMR radio, Posmo?

I have no idea where are we going tomorrow or meeting up if the track isn't happening (which seems likely) :) I hope this will be clear before noon so we can coordinate better.

Do you have some sort of PMR radio, Posmo?

Unfortunately not, or rather I do, but the batteries on it last like 5 minutes.. And I have no idea where it's stowed away..

My only worry really is missing out on the convoy, since those are always good fun :p

Gentlemen, do not forget to post pictures!

If it's a pic of DaBoom sliding off the track, don't bother tough, we've all seen that before... :lol:

Yeah, we should definitely have a backup plan in the probable case that the track fails. I've tried to ask if DaBoom has something planned but I guess he has been working and couldn't answer. I guess all we need is: place to gather, kick the tires, maybe eat some food? After that it's pretty easy.

Unfortunately not, or rather I do, but the batteries on it last like 5 minutes.. And I have no idea where it's stowed away..

My only worry really is missing out on the convoy, since those are always good fun :p

Well, I have one extra Cobra I can give you, but unfortunately it's missing an antenna. Instead it has a meter long coax cable hanging from it acting as antenna :) Works fine, though.

Oi! I'm getting up at 5am to get to Helsinki early, you better have some backup plan! :p

Standing around looking at things always works.

Being a bit lame here: If all fails, I have never been in Helsinki before, wouldn't mind an hour or two of looking at city while waiting for car stuff to unwind.

We agreed to meet in the legendary Rusan Shelli at 1 PM. The address is Tuusulantie 10, 01390 Vantaa.

If we're lucky we head to ice track in Pukkila (Kantelering) from there, if not I guess we start driving towards Daboom's place? Anyway, I'll know the condition of the track before midday.

We've got a whatsapp group running, PM MXM to be added to the group.

Standing around looking at things always works.

Being a bit lame here: If all fails, I have never been in Helsinki before, wouldn't mind an hour or two of looking at city while waiting for car stuff to unwind.

Yeah that works. Just let's not take trams.

I'm on my way now, meeting with Miatafence in about 2 1/2 hours in Munich. :)

[edit]
Now in the plane in Hamburg. :)
[/esit]

Last edited:
Somewhat awake. :???: Plenty of clearing up to do still, so I'm not sure if I can make it to the Helsinki meet point.

Also, if anyone is still following, can anyone confirm what kind of sleeping gear they're bringing here? Blankets/sleeping bags, mattresses and pillows needed... :p

We're bringing our own sleeping bags and one person air mattresses.