Help needed on eBay transaction guys !

EsPpY

Would be great if anyone can shed some light on this:

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260582509483&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I bought a Nokia E51 housing from this fella, have paid by PayPal, but has not gotten any reply since. I know I have to wait 7 days before I report this case, but man the waiting with no news keeps me very disturbed.

Anyone who tried buying on eBay? Will the seller contact you to give a tracking number of the shipment or not ?

On another note : How long does a seller respond to you ? I bought another one off another listing, and has not had any response in like 16 hours now...

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250594343260&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

^ This guy, as well, I have paid, and erm... no replies, too. Creeps my balls, both those sellers.

Last edited:
UPDATE : I just checked my ebay "won"; the abovementioned item has got the Sent icon lit up.

So what does this show ? That the seller just notified ebay of the item being sent; but is there the possibility that the item has not been shipped out ?

Apologies for my paranoia, its my first time buying, and the fucking seller didn't reply to any of my 2 questions I sent to him.

So you bought a 10 quid cover for your phone and you are worried that an ebay powerseller will screw you over? The guy probably sent it out, but hasn't notified you. I also think that the postage service you use, doesn't have a tracking number.

Don't worry so much about it. The larger sellers tend not to send personal correspondence to customers, otherwise it would take them ages. They would have posted it if the icon came up, so now you'll just have to wait for postage from UK, which could take anywhere up to and over a week.

Most times I've bought things I've only had the email from eBay, I trust that once I've paid (which is immediately most of the time) they're going to send it out. So far I've had no problems myself.

So you bought a 10 quid cover for your phone and you are worried that an ebay powerseller will screw you over? The guy probably sent it out, but hasn't notified you. I also think that the postage service you use, doesn't have a tracking number.

He has had two feedbacks before, stating that he has NO replies and NO cover sent.
I can pretty much play along since its 10 quid, but god damn does the feeling stink when the seller doesn't reply to anything.

He has had two feedbacks before, stating that he has NO replies and NO cover sent.

Same is true for Quiky in the last batch of T-Shirts - it were people trying sandbagging him. Could be the same in your case.

Most e-bay sellers (even powersellers) do the e-bay stuff part-time or as a hobby, so don't expect the same customer service as on amazon. Two days with no reply is completely normal. Additionally, most sellers (especially high-volume ones) do not bother with answering to people nagging about "have you sent my product out yet?" ten minutes after they paid because it's a PITA. I'd be quite pissed off if i were the seller.

Calm down, stop being a whiny bitch, everything will work out.

EDIT: You are paranoid, aren't you? One of the two recent negative feedbacks was because of a not arrived shipment, the other was because of some complaint about the goods delivered themselves. With 150+ items sent out, one gotten lost might easily be USPS's fault.

Last edited:
Hey don't blame me, blame the paypal's account name. IMO its not high volume here... but maybe its just me.

Seriously, I thought all was fine until... the name. LOL. I swear it came right out of those $100,000,000 e-mail scams.

EDIT: but yeah, I agree, its my first and I'm a bit paranoid precisely because of it.

Last edited:
150 items shipped in a month is high volume for an ebay seller doing this in his spare time.

150 items shipped in a month is high volume for an ebay seller doing this in his spare time.

And how would you know its spare time ?

That aside, thanks a lot for your time mate. Feeling more at ease now.

I have bought some big things off of ebay, but whenever I do that, I always ask sellers questions about the items before I go ahead and make the purchase. This shows me that the seller reads his messages, and responses, and also gives me an indication of his response turnaround time. Because of this correspondence, the seller usually tends to email me that the item has been shipped out, and gives me a tracking number if need be.

I've bought stuff ranging from car parts, to musical equipment, to scarves, die cast models, you name it, and have only not been responded to, maybe once or twice. If I'm not responded to, I send out a message, and if I don't get a response, I send one out again, after 5 days (and generally get my response to the second one). I've never been scammed by anyone on ebay, however, someone did try to rob my Paypal account (but this had nothing to do with ebay).

Rob ? How so ?

And I've sent the third message out in 48 hours, still nothing.
No tracking number, no shit.

Just wait a few more days before asking again.

My paypal thing was linked to me using my paypal account on some shady site to buy an iphone screen protector. A few days after that transaction 500 dollars were missing from my bank account, and it was in paypal transactions, so I just got in touch with them and sorted everything out.

[...] Feeling more at ease now.
Then I have to apologize for this, but I think your worries are not completly unfounded. But for now, relax and have a tea while I go through the data at hand.

For a powerseller, he/she has a pretty low "score". 560 pos feedback in almost 2 years of membership (while having send out over 1000) - that?s not even 30 a month on average and you have to get 100 sells a month to recieve powerseller status. So the number of actions must have gone up by quite a margin at some point, rather recently to gain that title. Such a drastic change doesn?t really say anything - but in the wake of hijacked accounts eBay themselves warns about such a change in the sellers sale-numbers. The jump in his sales-numbers came after a 10 MONTH break from eBay - wich also was the ponit from what time on the auctions were "private".
He/she doesn?t buy anything on ebay. Points to either multiple accounts (this being his/her "sell" account- wich is of course illegal on eBay) or a distrust to the eBay plattform - wich would bring up the question why you?d wanna traust someone on eBay that doesn?t trust eBay ...
What would worry me most personally is that all auctions are marked as "private" so that nobody can look into them from his feedback-profile. There can be a number of reasons for that like for example if you don?t want the IRS to know how much you made on eBay, you don?t want new customers to look into old auctions, you don?t sell genuine articles but fakes and don?t want anyone to find out about copyright/trandemark violations, bid on your own auctions with other accounts to up the price and hide this from the public via the "private" option - and others. But none of these reasons are the "good" type if you as a buyer want to inform yourself. Transparency looks different and transparency is what makes a good eBay seller.
The bad feedback he gets always points to lack of communication, even in 2008 when he sold no more than 20 items a month. And it seems that fakes might have been sold as originals if some of the feedback is to be believed.

But this all doesn?t really say anything about your deal. Try to relax and enjoy your tea. I?m just saying there is stuff there that doesn?t sound like your usual trustworthy eBay Powerseller. But there is nothing you can do now ... so wait for things to unfold.

Last edited:
Thanks alot to all who replied.. At least the fuckin sent icon is up.

So yeah, some consolation there.
For the other cover that I bought, I'm kinda regretting it, since A: this got sent out; and B: there were also no replies from the other guy, except one where before I bought, I asked if the keypad ws included and he said yes.

30 quid on the line then. Nice.
Anyway, I still have PayPal to raise the case. Just a load of trouble if I ever have to do it.

If you want, you can always call PayPal as well. They are very friendly and helpful over the phone.

I did that once and I SWEAR TO GOD, a Hongkie girl talked engrish to me in the only way HK-ers can.
And she was nice but damn she took "AA" for "88" over the phone. LOLOLOL.

^ A paypal dispute is actually not that much trouble. They were very good about handling my case.

Reading the 4 steps, it looks like days of long messages against each other, with PayPal as the judge. Thats the image I get.

Well I don't think you're giving PayPal enough credit. They're very popular for a reason. Their customer service is actually really good. And as far as disputes go, just call them if you can't figure it out. That's what I did, and everything got worked out.