Hilariously angry birds

^ Those are the only women I would love to see hosting Top Gear.

And they can call it "Stiggie's Angels", and start off each episode with the three of them sitting next to a completely silent speakerphone.

Because Top Gear is a male program, I'm gunna go and complain about Loose Women being a female program!!!

I'm gunna go and complain on account of it being a shit show that makes me ashamed of my sex, but that's just me ;)

I'm a woman and I call other women "birds" does that make me very wrong? I also call things "girly" and sometimes use "girl" as a mild insult, but I am one. Am I wrong for doing this?

So you don't like Jeremy Clarkson? Turn off Top Gear! I don't like Paris Hilton so I don't watch her! Simple.

This woman sounds like she has issues outside of disliking Clarkson (I think she used 'Hate' far too liberally in my opinion, he's caused her no personal grievance, he hasn't rammed her with his car, she has no personal reason to 'hate' him, he hasn't stolen her baby.)

Debates of this nature can sometimes make feminists seem like a bunch of nagging sociopaths who have nothing better to do than sit around and whinge about how all men are b******s.

I'm not trying to generalize, because I'm sure many feminists aren't like that at all!

I think I'm in love :lol:

Wtf? Women are called 'birds' in the UK?

Well I guess us Americans aren't too different - we call the attractive ladies 'chicks'...do you tea-drinking people say that too?

The people I know don't, I think the people who say 'bird' are few and far between, and we don't drink tea either!!

Only one person I know likes tea. I hate the stuff!

A good looking girl in Ireland, particularly in Limerick and Cork are called "beors"

Pronounced "be-yor", with strong emphasis on the "r".

I can't really decide whether that is insulting or not...

Well I guess us Americans aren't too different - we call the attractive ladies 'chicks'...do you tea-drinking people say that too?
Well, for me I use both, I tend to use "bird" for errrr, all natural, pleasantly plump girls wheras I use "chick" to describe a girl who is attractive in a more 'comercialy accepted' way...

Although I am pretty use alone in my use of the term "bird", most people ditched that after the 70s when it got boring!:lol:

(I also like tea, and brown ale! Steotype? Perhaps I am!):D

Yes. I use it all the time, and I don't find it demeaning or offensive (unlike that daft bint behind the article, who probably finds anything other than 'womun' - spelled like that to avoid including the word 'man' in it - offensive).

Mind you, it's a typical Westcountry thing, though it's more burrrrd down there. Men are 'boys' (pronounced bheys) and women are 'birds'.

I give you Paul Whitehouse in the current advertising campaign for Aviva insurance...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tuVGST_1gE[/YOUTUBE]

The accent is exaggerated, but the actual dialect is typical Plymouth (the term 'Janner' means 'person from Plymouth', and Plymouth Argyle, the local football (soccer) team play in green and white, so the fans are the 'Green Army'...)