Hot Hatch from Volvo - I think I need new shorts

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
As many of you know I'm a Volvo fanboy. Ever since I laid eyes on the C30 I wanted it in a screaming AWD platform. Well, I guess I whinged about it loud enough and one is on the way!

From Autoblog:

Rumors of a new Volvo hot hatch have gotten hot again with talk of a new 300-horsepower C30 for Europe. According to reports, the new model would be powered by the same 2.5-liter inline-five cylinder turbo engine that powers the new Ford Focus RS. One difference between the two cars, which share a similar platform, is that the Swedish beauty would be offered with a Haldex all-wheel drive system in contrast to the Blue Oval's torque-steer inducing front-engine, front-drive layout. Larger 20-inch wheels ought to fill out the arches quite nicely, and a special body kit should bring the whole look closer to the tarmac. To keep demand high, Volvo may limit the new model to 4,500 units worldwide, though we have no idea where it will offer the hatch besides the U.K. Considering that the Swedish automaker has diluted its R-nameplate, we're also not certain what this performance-minded C30 will be called, but we're sure it'll be the most fun we've had in a Volvo for quite a long time.

Too bad that right now it's just for you damned lucky Europeans!

If this aint true, i'm gonna murder everyone!!

It's a wonder how many threads like these have a comment along the lines of... "I wish it were sold outside Europe."

It's a wonder how many threads like these have a comment along the lines of... "I wish it were sold outside Europe."

Yep.

This looks like a pretty tasty little hatch. the C30 is really funky and cool, I saw one on the road a couple of weeks ago. I do, infact, like.

Meh. I always saw the C30 as a less practical, less fun to drive and way more expensive Focus. I doubt this will be any different in relation to the Focus RS.

A 300hp, I5-powered AWD C30? Oh hell yes. That could be brilliant... if the Volvo get the handling right.

If you need new shorts from the mere possibility of a new Volvo, I'd hate to imagine what mess you would be in if the thing actually gets released.

A 300hp, I5-powered AWD C30? Oh hell yes. That could be brilliant... if the Volvo get the handling right.

Yea I don't think power was a problem with the C30 in the first place. The main (pretty much only) complaints about the car is that it's not that fun to drive.

ghey:
Unfortunately, Volvo has no current plans to bring the car to production, and with high gas prices and upcoming fuel consumption regulations, it would be tough to convince them otherwise.

But other than that... I'm a volvo/I5 fanboy myself... so... DO WANT!!

Though I'm not such a big C30 fan.

I thought someone brought up an old thread for a moment... this news is from 3 months ago. Where've you been Blind? Stuck in the Political discussion forum forgetting about cars are what?

Sadly Volvo has already come out and said it won't happen. Not like you couldn't buy the standard turbo-5 model and throw some boost mods at it, though getting AWD might be a bit tougher.

Damn, why can't ford put this 4wd system in the Focus RS and then bring it to Australia. :mad: :cry:

If you need new shorts from the mere possibility of a new Volvo, I'd hate to imagine what mess you would be in if the thing actually gets released.

Dude, you don't want to know.

ummm.... yeah.
http://img384.imageshack.**/img384/1552/randyse4.jpg

Looks about right, except that guy is wearing clothes and there's no CostCo sized drum of KY and a jumbo bag of vibrating sex toys.

Speaking of which, why is my mouse making that sound and why is my ass glowing?

I thought someone brought up an old thread for a moment... this news is from 3 months ago. Where've you been Blind? Stuck in the Political discussion forum forgetting about cars are what?

Sadly Volvo has already come out and said it won't happen. Not like you couldn't buy the standard turbo-5 model and throw some boost mods at it, though getting AWD might be a bit tougher.

I think you're right. I can't find any news about it here in Sweden. So i guess it's all BS.

Fuck you Volvo, fuck you. I don't need you anymore. From now on I'm getting my turbocharged I5 AWD cars from Audi. :mad: